ACE Learning & Development Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11617
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01376093 Date posted 12/17/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for!
ACE, Achieving Competitive Excellence, is the UTC and Pratt & Whitney operating system. It focuses on lean and quality, continuous improvement principles to drive competitive excellence throughâ€" our people and our work processes. Our leadership and empowered employees work together to implement ACE practices in all of our activities across every P&W business to benefit our customers and shareowners.
As a member of the Central ACE Office team, you will be a key member of a dynamic team responsible for modernizing our ACE operating system, driving a culture of continuous improvement, and connecting all employees with experiences to make our business better. The ACE Learning & Development Leader has overall responsibility for planning, implementing, and assuring high employee experience measures for ACE proficiency development across Pratt & Whitneyâ€s global employee base. You will partner with Pratt & Whitney business leaders and the UTC HQ ACE Office as a key member of overall enterprise learning and development strategies. This will include strong partnership with P&Wâ€s talent development team within the Human Resources function. The Learning & Development Leader will utilize, modernize, and coordinate existing Learning Management Systems [GLP, ACP, ETU, etc] and have responsibility for researching new learning techniques and implementing new learning / training procedures, curricula, and programs.
A core responsibility of the ACE Learning Training & Development Leader will be aligning relevant and value added continuous improvement proficiency development across the Pratt & Whitney enterprise. Highly motivated individuals with strong analytical skills, experience in instructor-led training (ILT) delivery and eLearning development will have what it takes to succeed in this role. The ACE Learning & Development Leader will frequently work across organizations and functions to drive and inspire continuous learning and development for all employees.
Other key responsibilities will likely include, but may not be limited, to: Â
- Development, test, launch, and facilitation of classroom and digital learning experiences, learning needs assessments, metric tracking for learning program success and value, employee proficiency tracking, new employee orientation and support for leaders and employees regarding access to learning needs
- Research and recommendation of industry best practices and development of our own world class learning and development program, planning of proficiency development across business functions, representation on organizational teams [e.g. Employee Engagement, Community Engagement, etc]
- Mentoring and coaching of P&W employees, employee survey [Qualtrics, Pulse, etc], and managing the development and experience of ACE Interns, co-ops, and New Hires [employee onboarding]
- Bachelorâ€s Degree and 5+ years of experience in Learning & Development and/or designing and developing eLearning courses, videos, simulations, and online content OR Masterâ€s Degree and 3+ years of experience in Learning & Development and/or designing and developing eLearning courses, videos, simulations, and online content
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- A high degree of organization and proven ability to manage projects from conception to close, including influencing and leading across complex organizational designs
- UTC ACE Associate Certification or working experience in lean, continuous improvement, or process certification
- Excellent problem solving,Â analytical, oral, written, and collaborative communication skills
- Proven strategic and project leadership skills
- Strong experience in leading teams of individuals through a Continuous Improvement effort which streamlined course deployment testing steps, reduced learner complaints, and minimizing business risk
- Proven ability to work with, coach, motivate, and influence others
- Demonstrated change management skillset
- Certified Technical Trainer
- Experienced and certified continuous improvement event facilitator and trainer
- Proven ability to interact with cross-functional senior leaders, specifically on the topic of continuous improvement
- Experience working in an organized union labor environment
- Proven project management experience or certification
- Proficiency in use of project management and statistical analysis tools
- Masterâ€s Degree in adult learning, organizational psychology / development, education, or similar field
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01376093
Community / Marketing Title: ACE Learning & Development Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US