Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11547
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01375310 Date posted 12/12/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
Are you fascinated by the way people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!! We have a 1st shift Account Specialist opening in Middletown, CT.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
We are a globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions. The Global Supply Chain team is responsible for working closely with suppliers across the world to ensure we deliver affordable, high-quality parts that meet our customer's dynamic needs.
The Fan Module Center contains a group of five Value Streams that manage approximately 1,500 part numbers for P&W Engine Centers and Spares. The Fan Module Center Structural Guide Veins Value Stream located in Middletown, CT is looking for an Account Specialist who will be responsible for driving delivery assurance processes to ensure product delivery and customer satisfaction. As part of these processes, this individual will have the responsibility to work directly with suppliers to drive their manufacturing, quality and delivery efforts. You will work with SCM & VSM and their teams to actively identify areas for improvement within the supply chain and assist in the development of plans, which allow us to meet organizational objectives. This role will focus on the elements of:
- Procurement of composite details
- Drive Supplier management of on-time delivery, leading indicator metrics, and capacity ramp plans
- Cross-functional coordination between Quality, Materials, Engineering, MCL, ESA, Strategic Sourcing, Continuous Improvement, Production Readiness, Global Workshare (GWS) and multiple suppliers
- Dedicated to lead transitioning products to a multi-source strategy Account Specialists have high customer visibility.
- Dynamic project management skills to ensure tactical plans and product transitions are successful. Your strong leadership and interpersonal skills will be needed to work in a challenging environment.
- Proven communication skills, specifically conversational, email, telephone, and presentations are a must.
- You will establish relationships with the suppliers and Pratt & Whitney team members and hold equally accountable to meet the achievement plan committed to the customer.
- You will conduct Standard Product Purchasing responsibilities, including order placement, coordinating demand and scheduling, supplier relationship management, delivery assurance and turn back monitoring and reporting.
- You will ensure the successful execution of tactical plans and product transitions
- You will drive achievements, delivery plans and customer committed actions to completion.
- Your tracking of Critical Parts to include the identification of any part shortages by engine module to ensure that the production schedule is met.
- Compliance with all aspects of the Pratt & Whitney Procurement Manual, GSC Standard Work, UTC Code of Ethics, International Trade Compliance, & Transition Standard Work (TSW).
- Bachelor's degree
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position due to Government contracts
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing, materials or supply chain management.
- Aerospace Industry experience
- Master's Degree
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to work in a global supply chain
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Office programs functionality.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to communicate throughout all executive and non-executive levels of the organization
- Strong follow-through and project management skills
- Experience as a day-to-day user of SAP, entering transactions and running reports.
- Strong customer focus experience with a focus on business results
- Self-starter with flexible roles and responsibilities, limited formal training and firm deliverables.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01375310
Community / Marketing Title: Account Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US