Assembly Tool Project Engineer
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11354
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01370941 Date posted 11/27/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion powers innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
We have a rare opportunity for a hard working Assembly Tool Project Engineer to be based in Middletown, CT. In this position you will plan and develop tooling methods for the assembly, disassembly, inspection, repair, and test of Pratt & Whitney commercial and military jet engines.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze, plan and establish tool requirements to support assembly/disassembly of validation/production engines/modules
- Technical writing of tool usage instructions
- Participate in P&W Integrated Product Teams (IPT) to help ensure assembly tooling designs can be produced, supported and maintained.
- Develop concepts for assembly/disassembly procedures
- Participate in development and qualification of assembly tooling
- Collaborate with customer and supplier representatives to identify requirements and resolve assembly tooling related issues
- Manage project tasks to ensure tooling is delivered on time and within budget.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 3+ years of engineering experience
- US citizenship due to government program requirements
- Experience in manufacturing/assembly concepts
- Knowledge of various types of special assembly support tooling is a plus.
- Ability to interpret and work from engineering and tool drawings.
- Understanding of manufacturing practices, jet engine assembly/disassembly and maintenance procedures are desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01370941
Community / Marketing Title: Assembly Tool Project Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US