Airfoil Cell Operator
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11337
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01373021 Date posted 11/26/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The Material Control Lab department is looking for one (1) Airfoil Cell Operators/inspectors to perform basic Machining, with dimensional and visual inspection of production turbine airfoils and other equipment using specified methods and techniques. Accept or reject material based on findings. Transport parts, raw material and fixtures.
- Running cut up Machines to prep parts for evaluation
- CNC Equipment operation knowledge
- Work from established written inspection procedures, drawings and other pertinent instructions to plan and perform dimensional, visual, and water and airflow inspections on turbine airfoils.
- Utilize standard measuring techniques and inspection equipment to verify accuracy of parts and accept or reject based on findings.
- Follow proper procedures to perform in-line checks and verification of dimensions and make sure that operation sheets are being followed.
- Recognize need and arrange for repair or replacement of equipment used in performing the work as necessary.
- Complete logs, quality assurance forms and other records as necessary.
- Perform routine servicing throughout the assigned area following specified procedures and written instructions such as inspector's check list for upkeep.
- Refer problems to leader/supervisor as appropriate to resolve difficulties.
- May be assigned to carry out tasks not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individual's skills.
- May be required to train for, obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits and certifications within assigned area.
- Must exhibit teamwork
This job position will train on 1st shift for up to one year and then move to 2nd shift.
- Prepping parts for the engineering team to evaluate
- Mounting the parts
- Mark the parts according to cut up sheets and blueprints
- knowledge and understanding of methods and measuring
- Lock out tag out procedures
High School Diploma or GED
Prefer a Technical Degree in Machining
Must have at least one year machining experience or equivalent technical training/certifications
3-5 years experience in machining with a technical background.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01373021
Community / Marketing Title: Airfoil Cell Operator
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US