Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 11306
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01368108 Date posted 11/25/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
The Pratt & Whitney Core ACE (Achieving Competitive Excellence) Office is looking for a high performance & goal oriented professional to manage and lead all ACE activities within West Palm Beach Aftermarket Operations, including GTF1100 Engine Center, Module Center and APU Repair Operation businesses. In this role, you will be responsible for driving Lean Transformation initiatives across the site to bring the operations to a world class standard. Additional responsibilities include Â integrating best practices and ACE initiatives, leading projects, as well as coaching others and developing standards. Success will be measured based upon the successful transformation of West Palm Beach MRO site, and improvement in the relevant KPIâ€s and customer satisfaction.
This position will report to the Pratt & Whitney ACE Central Office, and be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Work with cell/site/value stream leaders to identify and prioritize improvement initiatives to achieve business results using best practice Process Management tools ( SIPOC, Control Tower, Impact/Maturity analysis, MFA, QCPC, etc )
- Establish appropriate improvement strategies based on the nature of opportunities ( Lead time reduction = VSM/Lean, Quality improvement = QCPC/ProCert, Major process change = 3P, etc.)
- Partnering with site leaders to drive ACE initiatives and transformation activities while improving overall KPIs and performance
- Coach, Facilitate or Lead advanced improvement events including: Value Stream Mapping of complex value streams, Mixed Model and Shared Resource Cell Design applications, Process Certification, Operations Analysis / Lean Cell Design, and Red X based Root Cause Analysis
- Coach individuals in key roles to develop ACE proficiency by leveraging formal training, improvement events, and mentoring; Manage portfolio of certified event leads to gain organizational self-sufficiency
- Manage the execution of periodic formal assessments to gain and sustain ACE certification
- Â Implementation of a successful tracking and monitoring system for sustainment and progress towards ACE Gold, KPI performance, etc. consolidating performance metrics, projects, and ACE activities
- Driving KPI improvements including quality, delivery - lead time reduction, schedule stabilization, inventory turn improvement, and a "Plan For Every Partâ€
- Enhancing the program to world class levels through innovation and benchmarking, driving business unit and site self-sufficiency
- Create, standardize, and automate processes related to managing the ACE operating system
- Manage events in the ACE Certification Portal to enable success of individual event, document proficiency of event participants, and communicate both results and methods used to achieve them for others to leverage.
- Bachelorâ€s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in Lean Operations, ACE, and /or Quality
- Demonstrated proficiency with advanced ACE tools
- Organization/project management, leadership skills to motivate, develop & positively encourage your team
- Superior communication skills
- High degree of computer literacy
- A highly motivated self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and pursue continued growth and developmental opportunities.
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01368108
Community / Marketing Title: ACE Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US