Alternate Work Week (AWW) Mechanical Systems Externals Nacelles Design Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11305
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01356579 Date posted 11/25/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
We have a phenomenal opportunity for a hardworking Senior Design Engineer to be based in E. Hartford, CT. As the Alternate Work Week (AWW) engineer, you will have ownership and accountability for all production-related Structures activity of the Mechanical Systems, Externals and Nacelles (MSEN) organization during the AWW period of Friday, Saturday and Sunday 6AM-6PM.
Hardware responsibility includes bearings, seals, bearing compartments, gearboxes, tubes and brackets. This is a highly-visible and excellent career opportunity that will provide exposure across the Engineering, Quality and Operations organizations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Resolving Quality Notifications, Laboratory Quality Notifications, and Stop Delivery Orders
- Providing close support for MSEN standard work week engineering staff, suppliers, and engine production delivery centers.
- Coordinating with Operations and Quality and providing Engineering updates to issues by actively participating in production and quality calls and shop walks (where applicable) over the AWW shift.
- Providing innovative and focused solutions that meet production goals and requirements
- Communicating effectively, especially during standard shift to AWW shift hand-offs, and AWW shift back to standard shift handoffs
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 2+ years of engineering experience
- US Citizenship due to government contracts.
- 3+ years of engineering experience
- Aerospace engineering industry experience.
- Master's degree in Engineering or MBA
- Material Review Board Engineer (MRE) certification or interest in obtaining the certification.
- Proven excellent customer facing experience.
- Proven ability to lead / manage multiple multi-functional teams to achieve results.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01356579
Community / Marketing Title: Alternate Work Week (AWW) Mechanical Systems Externals Nacelles Design Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US