Aero Thermo Engineer
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11292
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01367553 Date posted 11/22/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
CSE Aero Thermo Systems (ATS) group is seeking a Hot Section Engineering (HSE) practitioner. The ATS group provides both aerodynamic and thermodynamic analytical design support for engine secondary flow, heat transfer, and clearance analysis of HSE rotor and case hardware.
As AeroThermal Engineer, you will:
- Conduct analytical studies, assess engine/rig testing data, and inspect engine hardware.
- Support, verify, and achieve HSE component structural, performance cost and quality goals.
- Collaborate with all other disciplines and Module Centers to properly assess the hot section component thermal environment and metal temperatures. These responsibilities extend through the entire life cycle of the engine program from concept, through design & development, certification, and product support.
- Develop and apply advanced flow and heat transfer technology, including design tools and processes, to meet the technical and competitive challenges of future engine products.
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 1+ year of engineering experience
- US Citizenship due to government contracts
- Background in heat transfer, secondary flow and/or clearance modeling.Â
Strong candidate identified; qualified candidates encouraged to apply.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01367553
Community / Marketing Title: Aero Thermo Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US