Advanced Quality Systems Specialist
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11169
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01368321 Date posted 11/12/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for!
We are looking for an Advanced Quality Systems Specialist to ensure P&Wâ€s continued compliance to customer, regulatory, and UTC requirements through development and maintenance of the Quality Management System. This involves researching and writing complex material for use in Company publications or documentation to customers, partners and employees. You will prepare concise and accurate written documentation, such as procedures and graphic materials.
- Developing and maintaining quality system documents in partnership with process owners and teams.
- Ensuring industry standard, customer contract, and regulatory requirements are flowed down to and understood by responsible business units via applicable policies/procedures.
- Planning, identifying and resolving gaps to Quality System, working with customers, suppliers, subject matter experts, and Program Quality.
- Participating and/or leading in process improvement initiatives, developing innovative solutions to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Bachelorâ€s Degree and 5+ years of experience in engineering, quality, manufacturing, and/or aerospace OR Masterâ€s Degree and 3+ years of experience in engineering, quality, manufacturing, and/or aerospace
- Experience in MS Office applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Experience with information system development and workflow automation tools (e.g. SharePoint, InfoPath, Nintex, Qlik)
- Additional years of experience or professional certification (e.g. CQE, CQM, Six Sigma Green Belt Certification or ACE Associate)
- Audit, compliance or quality systems experience in the Aerospace Industry, including experience with AS9100 / ISO 9001
- Proven leadership skills such as customer focus, teaming skills, business judgement, and flexibility
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01368321
Community / Marketing Title: Advanced Quality Systems Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US