Blades Supervisor 2nd Shift
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11137
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01366406 Date posted 11/08/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
We are seeking a highly motivated, technically talented individual, who has a true desire to lead and coach in a dynamic operations environment to support our HSMC Turbo Blades as an 2nd Shift Cell Leader in East Hartford, CT.
Job Summary -
- Provide leadership and direction with an emphasis on team building through daily toolbox meetings, effective communications, and developing an efficient team that is responsive to production requirements and changes
- Lead sustained improvements in safety, quality, production, material procurement, and cost reduction through the system's various elements utilizing our ACE Operating System
- Establish work schedules taking into account customer requirements, resource availability and other priorities
- Delegate effectively to develop personnel and effectively balance the workload
- Address employee issues/concerns and motivate the workforce to achieve department goals.
- In conjunction to daily supervisor responsibilities, project management, effective communication and execution with support group members is essential to the department's success.
Basic Qualifications -
- Master's Degree with 1+ years experience in manufacturing and/or operations or, Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years of experience in manufacturing and/or operations or, Associate's Degree with 5+ years of experience in manufacturing and/or operations or, in lieu of degree, a High School Diploma/GED with 9+ years of experience in manufacturing and/or operations
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
Preferred Qualifications -
- Clear, concise and effective communicator
- Experience working with all levels of management and working in a union environment
- Previous supervisory experience
- Proven track record in team leadership roles
- Highly self-directed, quick learner, strong drive and results driven
- Experience with Continuous Improvement principles (lean manufacturing, ACE, QCPC, etc.)
- Proficiency in SAP
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01366406
Community / Marketing Title: Blades Supervisor 2nd Shift
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US