Administrative Assistant Generalist
Location: Clayville, New York US
Job Number: 11104
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01365332 Date posted 11/06/2019 City Clayville State New York Country United States
United States of America
PW106: Clayville 2395 Main Street, Clayville, NY, 13322 USA
The sky is the limit
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
We are actively hiring for an Administrative Assistant!
- Support various administrative functions within the Purchasing and Accounting departments
- Assist with processing of requisitions and PO (purchase order) creation
- Process all packing list requests
- Assist with expediting overdue orders
- Work with suppliers to supplier shipping/receiving
- Support all Accounting, A/P functions, and financial support
- Administrative support as needed to the site General Manager
- Assists with various projects
- Potential for about 5-10% amount of local travel to various workshops, job fairs, and beyond
- This position is full-time, Monday- Friday, with core hours of 8:00 am â€" 4:30 pm
- HS diploma or GED is required
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- 2 + yearsâ€ experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- 2 + yearsâ€ of general administrative experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Communication skills â€" both written and oral
- Planning/ organizational skill
- Adhere to ethical practices
- Problem Â solver
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01365332
Community / Marketing Title: Administrative Assistant Generalist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Clayville, New York US