Associate Director, Aftermarket Supply Chain Supplier Performance Lead
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 11096
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01366320 Date posted 11/06/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. Youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
The sky has no limits.
Pratt & Whitney, a United Technologies Corp. company (NYSE:UTX), is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines and auxiliary power units.
In 1925, Frederick Rentschler founded Pratt & Whitney in Hartford, Connecticut. Our ï¬rst aircraft engine transformed the aviation industry. It was the 410-horsepower, airÂcooled Wasp, which delivered unprecedented performance and reliability for the time. We have been leading change ever since.
Today, Pratt & Whitney develops groundbreaking technologies for the future, such as the PurePowerÂ PW1000G engine, with patented Geared Turbofan (GTF) engine technology.
Be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to contribute and grow in a variety of ways.
We work with an explorerâ€s heart and your grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality. We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom.
As we continue to grow and develop technologies that challenge the status quo, there is a deep focus on our culture. We're committed to be a company that is transparent and mindful and have built an environment where each and every employee has value.
We are fueled by people that bring passion, partnership and leadership to everything they do â€" at work or in the community.
Pratt & Whitney Aftermarket Supply Chain (ASC) has a rare and strategic opportunity to add an Associate Director, Aftermarket Supply Chain Supplier Performance Lead to our team.
You will be responsible to setup this department and you'll establish the organization, own Accenture support, OTD data, supplier performance reporting, escalation processes and supplier capacity.
You will also establish the supplier performance improvement strategy and assist suppliers on achieving Supplier Gold level performance. The function would involve setting up the organization to also provide training and coaching for new suppliers.
You'll lead the supplier performance team to assess the supplierâ€s risks and supplierâ€s health through the implementation of cellular design, capacity assessment, equipment maintenance, EH&Sâ€ risks, and shop cleanliness.
You'll work to improve the relationship between Pratt & Whitney ASC and the suppliers by improving the communications, minimizing the number of outside visits, be catalyst for additional business opportunities, and reduce financial risks.
In addition, you'll help guide and coach the ASC organization to progress with the implementation of the Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) operating system with an ability to coach / train leaders & employees on Continuous Improvement (CI) principles and practical application.
You should have demonstrated the ability to meet or exceed plan targets, very strong focus on results, forward thinking and analytical proficiencies, has strong financial, business development and customer relationship background experience.
You should also possess very strong continuous improvement skills (i.e. lean manufacturing & six sigma), program management skills and able to drive lean initiatives across the business.
You'll report directly to the Senior Director of Global ASC in East Hartford CT.
Travel requirements would be 20-30%
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of Supplier Development leads who will be working improvement activities with the supply base
- Perform assessments of the supplierâ€s capability to delivery and sustain performance through the supplier health assessment (SHA)
- Engage with the suppliers to develop action plan (supplier customer improvement plan â€" SCIP) to close the performance gaps between the current state and Supplier Gold level performance
- Manage the supplier performance team to track SCIP and drive closure to each Supplier Gold level
- Conduct training and mentoring on-site at the suppliers to develop their team
- Follow up with the commodity managers and account managers on any turnbacks or supplier performance
- Establish leading indicators of performance and track weekly, on-site at suppliers
- Intervene as required to expedite deliveries and/or resolve quality issues
- Provide guidance & support the ASC leadership team to strategize the implementation of the ACE operating system
- Coach / train leaders / employees on CI principles & practical application
- Plan for & facilitate / lead / co-lead CI events including creating scope sheets / staffing event team, and coordinating event logistics as needed in support of the ASC business objectives
- Demonstrated success in strategic leadership, creating strategic action plans, forward thinking, with the independent drive to continuously improve the organization with sound judgments
- Ability to facilitate and lead change effectively as well as experience in reporting on all types of business metrics with knowledge on how to improve overall business performance with strategic planning, prioritization, and leadership techniques
- A deep understanding of the lean management principles and how to implement the tools in support of operational performance goals
- Bachelor's degree (Industrial Engineering highly preferred and 10 + years of experience OR an Advanced degree and 8 + years of experience in operations, supplier performance, continuous improvement, or quality management role within a manufacturing facility
- MBA preferred
- Ability to communicate and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner with excellent interpersonal skills. Also, demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks with clear prioritization and organization
- Present and interact with executive leadership
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01366320
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director, Aftermarket Supply Chain Supplier Performance Lead
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US