Assembly and Test Inspector (LG 03) 1st or 2nd Shift
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 11071
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01363113 Date posted 11/04/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorerâ€s heart. The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, West Palm Beach, FL has openings for Assembly and Test Inspectors. This position will require flexibility between 1st and 2nd shift.
- Perform Dimensional and Visual inspections following standardized methods and established techniques. This process may involve surface plate work or standard measuring techniques to verify accuracy of parts, tools, gages, or other equipment.
- This position requires that an active security clearance be maintained through the position duration.
- You will work from applicable written inspection procedures and engineering drawings.
- Work with other pertinent instructions to plan and perform dimensional and/or visual inspection on parts, tools, gages and other equipment.
- Accepting or referring material for rework or quality review based on findings.
- Use a variety of fixed and variable measuring instruments including automated measuring machines.
- Program instructions are well-defined will be checking dimensions and record results.
- Perform necessary mathematical computations to resolve extent of nonconformance and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Follow proper procedures to perform in-line checks and verifications of dimensions and make sure that operation sheets are being followed.
- Recognize need and arrange for repair or replacement of equipment used in performing the work as necessary.
- Perform routine servicing throughout assigned area following specified procedures and written instructions such as inspector's check list for upkeep and assure equipment operates properly.
- Assist others who are responsible for specialized inspection processes such as those found in statistical process control or other similar quality assurance programs.
- Will be investigating unusual non changed inspection sequences and other specialized assignments within conformance and new or changed inspection sequences and other specialized assignments within the scope and skill level of this job description. Refer difficulties to leader or supervisor.
- May be assigned to carry out tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individuals' skills.
- The Inspector will be accepting or rejecting material based on findings.
- High School Diploma or GED
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts.
- 3+ years experience working in an Inspection role.
- 3+ years experience reading and interpreting 2D drives, Micrometers and Calipers
- 3+ years experience use fixed or variable measuring instruments to check dimensions
- Ability to understand and work form operation sheets, engineering drawings, and process operation procedures.
- Perform Inspections according to job description
- Ability to use measuring tools and instrumentation.
- Education Certification Requires well-rounded knowledge of dimensional and visual inspection methods and principles.
- Requires knowledge of manufacturing processes.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01363113
Community / Marketing Title: Assembly and Test Inspector (LG 03) 1st or 2nd Shift
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US