Location: Charlottesville, Virginia US
Job Number: 10822
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01362632 Date posted 10/16/2019 City Charlottesville State Virginia Country United States
United States of America
PW221: Mikro - Charlottesville,VA 1180 Seminole Trail Suite 220, Charlottesville, VA, 22901 USA
- The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a fast-paced environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
We have an opportunity working at Mikro Systems in Charlottesville, VA.Â Mikro Systems' patented TOMO manufacturing platform allows us to create high performance products with reduced R&D time and improved manufacturing processes. Our partners include global high-technology manufacturing companies and government agencies. We are currently looking for a financial accountant with strong accounting and analytical skills, sound judgment, and excellent organization and communication skills. You will be responsible for the financial accounting aspects of a growing commercial manufacturing and research and development company. If you enjoy working in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented and innovative design environment; possess the desire to participate in the execution of our companyâ€s innovation and commercialization process leveraging product development; like to think outside the box, value hands-on learning, and have the qualifications listed below, this job may be a great fit for you.
- All month-end closing activities including sub-ledger reconciliation, journal entries, billing, cost allocation and account reconciliations.
- Prepare and analyze month-end financial statements.
- Track capital spending and administer the fixed assets system.
- Monitor and reconcile all intercompany activity
- Support various department managers in adherence to budgets
- Track spending and billing on the various projects Mikro is working on
- Support various audits and annual Sarbanes Oxley compliance process
- Perform general day-to-day accounting and payroll requirements
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP and internal corporate policies
- Mikro Systems offers a stimulating and challenging work environment and a generous benefits package that offers Health, Dental, Accident, Life, Short-term and Long-term insurance coverages.
- 5+years of accounting or finance experience
- Sound judgment grounded in a thorough understanding of accounting principles, ethics, regulations, requirements and best practices
- Ability to work well in a team-based environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong accounting, organization, administration and interpersonal skills.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Masterâ€s degree in a business related field (or CPA) preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01362632
Community / Marketing Title: Accounting Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlottesville, Virginia US