Machining Team Member
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 10780
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01357642 Date posted 10/11/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a hardworking Machining Team Member to be based in Columbus, Ga.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
A team member at this level is expected to set up and operate equipment, lend expertise to resolving process problems, perform the less complicated work on tools and dies, perform periodic preventive maintenance checks and less complicated repairs. Requires the know how to deburr parts, clean parts, read process sheets, use and read gauges, make minor machine moves, as well as, being familiar with the characteristics of the product. This position requires a mechanical and technical aptitude and an ability to follow work instructions. Comply with all environmental, health, and safety requirement.
- You will set up and operate process equipment in an assigned area.
- You will set up and operate basic machine tools to repair, make minor alterations and make the less complicated tooling.
- You will need to read and understand blueprints and work from written and verbal instructions.
- You will perform basic shop mathematics and use basic measurement instruments.
- We service and repair equipment associated with the area where problems are identified.
- You will assist in the development of other team members.
- We perform administrative tasks such as complete MRP and status of work in process, conduct safety meetings, order tools and supplies, etc.
- You will perform any aspect of work in assigned area to improve personal development.
- We perform unrelated duties as may be necessary to support the needs of the facility.
- We perform job in compliance with all environmental, health, and safety rules, procedures and policies.
- Positive Relationships
- You will perform all tasks at the highest level of safety awareness
- High school graduate or GED
- High school graduate or GED
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- 6 months plus manufacturing experience, technical training, military training experience, or completion of Certified Manufacturing Specialist Program
- Machine operating experience
- 2yr technical certificate
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Craft clear communication
- Analytical Skills
- Creative troubleshooting skills
- Possess excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Possess exceptional people and interpersonal skills.
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01357642
Community / Marketing Title: Machining Team Member
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US