Tool Services Member
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 10778
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01359330 Date posted 10/11/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow?
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
Job Responsibilities for:
Columbus Forge/Disk duties for Tool Services Team Member:
- Plan and perform the work required to construct, alter, repair, develop, maintain and inspect a variety of Forge and Machining tooling used in support of a manufacturing schedule.
- Comply with all environmental, health and safety requirements as well as Ethics requirements.
- Select tools, machines and techniques to complete Tool Services assignments on items such as forge dies, machine fixtures, cutters, gages, holding devices and other special purpose tools.
- Develop machine setups and assembly methods to complete assignments. Perform various types of part and tooling inspections to ensure tools are functioning properly and parts conform to engineering and in-process specifications. Setup and operate any Tool Services machine (CNC or manual operation) needed to complete required job assignment.
â€¢Meet Forge production schedules tooling needs. Perform reliable forge die repairs in support of the Forge schedule.
Develop recommendations to improve forge die repairs.
â€¢Setup manufacturing Forge Presses as required in support of manufacturing operations. Investigate problems to determine reasons why tooling does not perform as expected.
Make in process repairs as required.
Make recommendations to supervisor where more complex solutions seem workable.
â€¢Work closely with engineering to meet process tooling requirements for production and development hardware.
â€¢Must actively participate in continuous improvement (ACE). Must maintain shop cleanliness standards (6S) and perform Daily Walk-Arounds (PMs).
â€¢Perform job in compliance with all environmental, health, and safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED
- High School diploma or GED
- two years post secondary technical education in Tool Design or Tool and Die Making.
- Have working knowledge of machining methods and practices, assembly and checking procedures and interpretation of engineering drawings.
- Use advanced shop mathematics through trigonometry and a variety of precision measuring equipment.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01359330
Community / Marketing Title: Tool Services Member
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US