Aftermarket Operations Strategy Project Manager- Pratt & Whitney
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10720
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01357115 Date posted 10/04/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. Youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
The sky has no limits.
Pratt & Whitney, a United Technologies Corp. company (NYSE:UTX), is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines and auxiliary power units.
In 1925, Frederick Rentschler founded Pratt & Whitney in Hartford, Connecticut. Our ï¬rst aircraft engine transformed the aviation industry. It was the 410-horsepower, airÂcooled Wasp, which delivered unprecedented performance and reliability for the time. We have been leading change ever since.
Today, Pratt & Whitney develops groundbreaking technologies for the future, such as the PurePowerÂ PW1000G engine, with patented Geared Turbofan (GTF) engine technology. P&W's worldwide large commercial engine maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) network provides creative services which not only add new value but delight customers around the globe.
Be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation; one full of career opportunities and the chance to contribute and grow in a variety of ways.
We work with an explorerâ€s heart and your grit to build jet engines that turn potential into reality. We enable passenger planes to soar quietly over our cities and power jets as nimble as birds to defend our freedom.
As we continue to grow and develop technologies that challenge the status quo, there is a deep focus on our culture. We're committed to be a company that is transparent and mindful and have built an environment where each and every employee has value.
We are fueled by people that bring passion, partnership and leadership to everything they do â€" at work or in the community.
This is a rare opportunity for you to join our GTF Aftermarket Operations Team.
Aftermarket Operations overhaul and repair facilities, along with partners and customers, support thousands of engine shop visits around the world each year.
As a key member of our team, you'll lead the Geared Turbofan (GTF) repair strategy for Prattâ€s global aftermarket network. Your role works closely with the leadership team from each repair facility, the GTF industrial team, and key program and engineering partners to capabilities and capacity for the GTF fleet.
The project team will lead Prattâ€s network bidding activity to secure future workload aligned with key strategies.
Are you a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic environment? If yes, we would love to hear from you!
Your job responsibilities include:
- Experience developing strong working relationships with business units, operational, supply chain, and finance in order to both lead and support cross-functional teams
- Ability to influence stakeholders, subject matter experts, and global team members in cross-matrixed organization
- Identify key aftermarket repair challenges, opportunities and recommended actions facing a particular business/facility, engine program or part family repair
- Work with relevant facilities to build a current and future state perspective as well as actionable recommendations/initiatives that align with overall repair strategy
- Prioritize multiple objectives while still meeting near-term and long-term deadlines
- Develop new and improve existing standard work to support strategic repair and bidding analysis
- Utilize new electronic tools and technology to optimize analysis and engagement with repair units
- Project management and strategic analysis experience
- Ability to both support and lead presentation of key strategic findings to senior Aftermarket leadership Experience / Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Successful track record for managing projects and influencing partners
Domestic and international travel required (30%). You must have a valid passport or be capable of acquiring one.
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years OR Advanced degree and 5 years of experience
- At least 3 years' experience in Aerospace or Manufacturing that includes project management
- U.S. Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- BA/BS in Mechanical, Aerospace, Manufacturing, Materials or Industrial Engineering
- Advanced to Expert level Power Point skills
- 5 years experience in Manufacturing, Operations Management, Project Management, Supply Chain or a relevant Analyst role
- At least 1.5 years' experience with GTF MRO or OEM business
- Strategy development experience in a complex environment
- Ability to work independently and adhere to established standard work
- A high level of customer focus, flexibility, analytical thinking, accuracy, listening and collaboration
- Proven ability to communicate at all levels of the organizationâ€<
- Ability to meet deadlines in a matrix environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience with developing and leading senior executive presentations
- Experience working global teams and sites
- Detail and results oriented with excellent analytical skills and the ability to analyze, integrate, interpret and act on incomplete or conflicting information
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01357115
Community / Marketing Title: Aftermarket Operations Strategy Project Manager- Pratt & Whitney
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US