30K Deputy Product Cost Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10696
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01352473 Date posted 10/02/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
The 30K Program Industrial team represents all of production operations to the program office and also represents the program office to all of operations. In this wide ranging capacity the organization is also responsible for representing operations to both our airframe customers, Airbus & Irkut, as well as our program partners such as MTU, IHI, MHI, GKN, etc.
We are looking for a 30K Deputy Product Cost Manager to join our team. As a 30K Deputy Product Cost Manager, you will be responsible for establishing and executing the overall 30K GTF engine product cost plan in support of our Pratt & Whitney business goals. Engines models currently fitting in this category are PW1100G both the current design and the planned performance improvement package (PIP) slated for entry into service in 2022, and PW1400G (Irkut). The P&W 30K GTF engine program is currently experiencing a significant ramp in engine output and is a key component of P&Wâ€s financial performance and growth over the coming years. In this high visibility role, you will be working closely with the 30K Product Cost Manager to drive generation and conversion of cost reduction ideas to support P&W achieving its financial commitments.
As the 30K Deputy Product Cost Manager, you will work closely with the cross functional team responsible for driving generation, integration and execution of product cost initiatives between global supply chain, PW shops, PW subsidiaries, engineering, finance, IT, materials, and the 30K program office. This person will drive and support successful execution of 30K tasks in order to drive product cost down to target. This effort will have a significant impact on P&Wâ€s financial performance and will provide high transparency to senior leadership.
- Acting on behalf of the 30K Product Cost Manager in support execution of all 30K cost reduction tasks in conjunction with the PCMT
- Working with the 30K Product Cost Manager to track, assess risk/opportunities and prioritize key strategic and tactical tasks to reduce the 30K product cost. â€" Work closely with the transition team to track and assess opportunities to accelerate key transitions supporting cost reduction
- Interface with the Program Office, suppliers, Engineering, Materials, IT, shop, and Finance.
- Evaluate our JFM database for cost reduction drivers and develop strategy to accelerate initiatives
- Document lessons learned
- Other Strategic Planning
- Support one company product cost efforts such as should cost modeling
- Continuously improve product cost processes
- Collaborate with Product Cost owners across the PW supply chain to find life cycle cost strategies
- Represent Product Cost manager as needed with senior management and customer leadership
- Support the Product Cost Manager, ensure we meet 30K product cost objectives
- Develop communication packages
- Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Business or related field
- 8+ years of experience required
- US Citizenship required due to government contract
- Working level knowledge of the following: Project Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, Strategic Sourcing, and Finance
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Supplier experience preferred, especially in a global supply chain
- ACE Associate with a strong continuous improvement mindset OR Training/Certification in additional Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Advanced proficiency with SAP and Microsoft Office Products including Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint
- Ability to craft clear and concise communications with strong presentation skills
- Proven leadership and technical skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills, team building skills, and multi-tasking capability
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervisory input or direction and with cross functional teams
- Strong flexibility to changing business requirements
- Ambitious with the ability to develop positive relationships, with excellent judgment and professional maturity, and strong analytical skills
- Ability to take initiative, support strategic priorities, take ownership of assigned projects/initiatives and contribute to results
- Understanding of Sourcing, Cross Functional Leadership, Should Cost Modeling, Materials, Operations, Specifications-Tooling/Fixturing
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01352473
Community / Marketing Title: 30K Deputy Product Cost Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US