Associate Director of Advanced Quality Systems
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10627
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01355820 Date posted 09/26/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for!
We are looking for a dynamic Associate Director of Advanced Quality Systems to direct a team of salaried Quality Professionals chartered to implement, maintain and improve the quality system of Pratt & Whitney (PW). In this role, you will report directly to the Senior Director of Group Quality and provide timely support to multiple business unit leaders, to include the P&W FOD Prevention Program.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the quality functions of Advanced Quality Systems (Quality System documentation, Contract Review, Quality Plans) in support of PW and UTC Initiatives
- Work closely with the Quality System Fellows to develop strategy to improve and adapt the Quality Management System (QMS) to changing business needs
- Lead a cross functional team to define and implement the 'QMS of the Future', thereby enhancing user experience by delivering real time and relevant information into hands of users
- Supervise and direct the daily activity of a team of associates responsible for the preparation, maintenance and updates of quality system documents
- Provide innovative ways for resolution of complex problems within manufacturing and quality programs
- Ensure successful integration of new engine programs, business entities, and key program initiatives into the PW Management System
- Provide direction and support to ensure contract/regulatory requirements are flowed down to and understood by responsible business units via applicable policies/procedures
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years of quality, manufacturing and/or contract administration experience
- MBA or Master's Degree strongly preferred
- Knowledge of AS9100, ISO 9001 and Government contract and regulatory requirements is strongly preferred
- The ability to work with all levels of management, personnel, suppliers and customers
- Organization/project management, leadership skills to motivate, develop & positively encourage your team
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- High degree of computer literacy
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Results focused work ethic to problem solve in a timely manner
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01355820
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Director of Advanced Quality Systems
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US