Assembly and Test Inspector B (LG 05)
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 10479
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01349484 Date posted 09/12/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorerâ€s heart. The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, West Palm Beach, FL is seeking Assembly and Test Inspector B candidates on 2nd Shift and 3rd Shift.
Perform a wide variety of inspection duties in the assembly and test areas relative to the assembly and testing of space propulsion and turbine engine components, subassemblies, rigs and testing for conformance to all requirements. Verify that assembly work performed is done in conformance with all requirements and does not endanger the safety of the engine.
- Under direction of Supervision, Working Leader or higher graded Inspector, follow general instructions, drawings, manuals and other specifications, to plan, document and lay out material requirements; witness, verify, document and monitor component and/or engine assembly; determine sequence of operations; and obtain the tools and equipment necessary to meet schedules.
- Monitor, witness, document and review the inspection, assembly and testing of turbine engine and space propulsion components, ensuring all requirements are met.
- Participate on special projects when required, with co-workers, supervisors, engineers, suppliers, customers and service groups to review, install or modify equipment and procedures, ensuring customer requirements are met.
- Comply with the correct operation, care, use and maintenance of equipment, housekeeping, and safe work practices.
- Visually inspect space propulsion and turbine engine components, subassemblies, rigs and individual parts for anomalies such as errors in paperwork or obvious physical damage, including broken or improper safety wiring, nicks, dents or other damage and ensure that all openings are covered when required.
- Inspect engines and components for foreign objects and check test stands for surplus parts, hardware or loose debris. Perform necessary dimensional and visual inspections and verify measurements.
- Recognize and disposition non-conforming material in accordance with requirements. Refer variances to higher graded Inspector or Supervisor.
- Conduct audits when required and report findings.
- Refer difficulties to supervisor, working leader or higher graded inspector.
- Maintain and review logs, records, systems, build and test sheets and prepare reports as required. May be assigned to carry out tasks not specifically listed within scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individualsâ€ skills.
- May be required to train for, obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits and certifications for assigned area.
- 1 - 3+ years related experience
- 2 - 3+ years trades training
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Requires well-rounded knowledge of the construction and operation of space propulsion and turbine engine powerplants and components, the operation of test equipment and the application of shop mathematics to the dimensional inspection of parts and the use and interpretation of complicated drawings.
- Requires the use of precision measuring instruments and test inspection equipment as well as input information into computer and other tracking systems.
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01349484
Community / Marketing Title: Assembly and Test Inspector B (LG 05)
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US