3rd Shift Quality Engineer
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania US
Job Number: 10471
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01349819 Date posted 09/11/2019 City Middletown State Pennsylvania Country United States
United States of America
PW205: P&W Amercon - PA 181 Fulling Mill Road, Middletown, PA, 17057 USA
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the worldâ€s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity youâ€ve been looking for.
Pratt and Whitney Amercon, a business unit within the Hot Section Module Center (HSMC), is seeking a highly hardworking and motivated Quality Engineer for 3rd shift. The business produces turbine blades and vanes for several key P&W programs, including NGPF and F135. Services at P&W Amercon include grinding, EDM machining, milling, robotic polishing, mass media finishing, special processing (heat treat, weld, shot peen) and non-destructive testing (FPI, X-ray).
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the entire quality engineering process of assigned parts on 3rd shift. This includes the following:
- Respond to technical concerns/issues in a manufacturing environment
- Partner with manufacturing engineers to design the quality process for inspection of the part
- Craft/review FAI (First Article Inspection) and/or PPAP packages per A9102 or equivalent
- Review process changes or conformity to requirements
- Coordinate and perform root cause analysis to solve manufacturing process issues
- Responsible for communicating daily requirements to our suppliers on parts assigned
- Facilitate and prepare for external audits
- Work with customers regarding quality concerns
- This is a 3rd shift position
- High School Diploma
- 1+ years of experience in engineering, manufacturing, quality, and/or aerospace
- Associateâ€s or Bachelorâ€s Degree preferred
- Independent worker with strong technical capabilities and strong product/quality knowledge
- Understands the quality requirements of parts under his/her assignment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of SPC and process control technologies
- Deep understanding of ISO9001, AS9100, and Pratt & Whitney Quality Systems
- Experience with dimensional inspection, blueprint interpretation, and/or GD&T
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to facilitate and motivate teams
- Experience with SAP and other IT Quality systems desired
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles, experience with Kaizen events or experience with a continuous improvement program (ACE); Value Stream Mapping, 5S - Workplace Organization, Continuous Flow Manufacturing, Set-up Reduction, Total Productive Maintenance and Mistake Proofing
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01349819
Community / Marketing Title: 3rd Shift Quality Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Pennsylvania US