2nd Shift Cell Leader
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10351
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01347733 Date posted 08/29/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Are you highly motivated and enjoy operating in a dynamic environment?
Do you enjoy the challenges of process improvement and â€leanâ€ manufacturing initiatives?
We are seeking a highly motivated, technically talented individual, who has a true desire to lead and coach in a dynamic operations environment to support our Hot Section Module Center - North (HSMC-N) as a 2nd Shift Cell Leader.
In this role you will be proving direction to skilled HSMC-N bargaining unit employees, leading employee engagement and continuous improvement efforts.
Additionally you will lead sustained improvements in safety, quality, production, material procurement, and cost reduction through the systemâ€s various elements. In conjunction to daily supervisor responsibilities, project management, effective communication and execution with support group members is critical to the departmentâ€s success.
- Providing direction to skilled HSMC-N bargaining unit employees
- Leading employee engagement and continuous improvement efforts
- Lead sustained improvements in safety, quality, production, material procurement, and cost reduction through the systemâ€s various elements.
- Perform daily supervisor responsibilities, project management, effective communication and execution with support group members.
- Establish work schedules taking into account customer requirements, resource availability and other priorities
- Provide leadership and direction with emphasis on team building through daily toolbox meetings, effective communications, and in developing an efficient team that is responsive to production requirements and changes
- Delegate effectively to develop personnel and balance workload
- Work dedicatedly to address issues and engage the workforce in achieving cell goals
- Demonstrate a 100% dedication to Quality, Environment Health and Safety (EHS) and Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE)
- Understanding and ability to drive quality and customer satisfaction through ACE operating system
- Master's Degree in Operations, Engineering, Business with 1+ years leadership experience with specialized knowledge or technical/operational practices and/or shop environment experience, Bachelor's Degree in Operations, Engineering, Business with 3+ years leadership experience with specialized knowledge or technical/operational practices and/or shop environment experience OR in lieu of degree, 9+ years leadership
- Requires specialized knowledge of technical or operational practices and/or shop environment experience
- U.S. citizenship required due to government contracts
- Clear, concise and effective communicator
- Experience working with all levels of management and experience in a union environment
- Highly self-directed, quick learner, strong drive and results driven
- Experience with Continuous Improvement principles (lean manufacturing, ACE, QCPC, etc.)
- Consistent track record in team leadership roles
- Active security clearance and/or ability to gain one
- Computer proficiency in Excel a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01347733
Community / Marketing Title: 2nd Shift Cell Leader
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US