Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 10293
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01342960 Date posted 08/22/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Manufacturing Accounting is looking for a self-motivated individual to join its team as an Analyst. Manufacturing Accounting is part of the Controller's group and is responsible for the accounting and financial support of the MC&O organization. You will collaborate with GSC, the Materials organization, Module Centers, Engine Centers, Government Finance, and MC&O FP&A. You will need to be detailed and customer focused to ensure that the team meets an aggressive closing schedule.
This role is a P3.
Job responsibilities include:
- You will monitor Excess and Obsolete inventory and assisting in quarterly reserve process
- Reviewing and improving the MC&O Monthly Metrics package
- GSC accounting related to suppler settlements and other activities
- Material Overhead rate process
- Pricing related to Pure Power entities
- You will perform journal entries including found without a loss activity
- Reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts
- Perform SOX and MMAS compliance tests
- Support audit requests from UTC, PwC and DCAA
- Reconcile manufacturing period cost material base
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ yrs accounting or finance
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Focus on results and the ability to drive tasks to completion
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working across functions, organizations and all levels of management
- Knowledge of our Program Management tool (SAP, HFM and BW)
- MBA/Master's degree
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01342960
Community / Marketing Title: Accounting Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US