3rd Shift Shop Supervisor, Connecticut Rotating Parts (CTRP)
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9514
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01325402 Date posted 06/17/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee has value, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
An opportunity exists to join us in the role of 3rd Shift Shop Supervisor, here at Connecticut Rotating Parts (CTRP) at our East Hartford, CT campus.
CTRP (Connecticut Rotating Parts) is a repair business located on P&W's East Hartford campus. The business specializes in the repair and overhaul of engine components including rotating parts, major cases, combustors, stators, vane clusters, honeycomb shroud segments and fan blades. It serves Pratt & Whitney internally, as well as a variety of global external customers.
As a Shop Supervisor (Cell Leader) of CTRP, you will collaborate with the Operations Manager and have leadership responsibilities for a staff consisting of hourly bargaining unit employees.
This position focuses on the 3rd shift supervision of hourly employees.
You'll play a key role in the tactical and strategic direction of their day to day operations within their department.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Assure that the CTRP business unit is meeting schedule and cost commitments without compromising safety of the work force or product quality.
- Maintain metrics for the cell.
- Conduct weekly Toolbox meetings.
- Conduct investigations when an employee is injured.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to implement turn time reduction, cost savings, and environmental & health enhancements.
- Lead process improvement opportunities using ACE and Lean Strategies to enhance quality, decrease process cycle time and reduce operational costs.
- Participate in driving cell to ACE Gold.
- Strong focus and commitment to meeting customer needs.
- You will drive quick resolution of safety, quality, and technical issues.
- Ensure network Engine Center and meets external customer needs and be the focal point for schedule related questions.
- Manage all aspects of assigned hourly workforce: (Time & attendance, time off, rewards, vouchering, training, communications, etc).
- You are able to promote excellent employee relations and empowerment of all assigned personnel.
- Supervise people and manage projects coupled with leading ACE business progress, lean manufacturing, project management, and/or quality improvement.
- Demonstrate commitment to the EH&S program by aligning with all policies and procedures, finishing the required training, and supporting all applicable committee activities.
- This is a 3rd Shift Position.
- US Citizen or a US Person is a requirement.
- CTRP is an FAA regulated facility and compliance with such rules is a condition of employment.
- A Bachelor's of Science in Business, Manufacturing, or technically-related field is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of professional Business, Manufacturing experience is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of proven managerial experience, providing leadership and direction with an emphasis on team building through effective communications.
- A minimum 2 years experience of working with hourly bargaining unit employees is also a requirement.
- MA/MS degree with a minimum of 2-years of engineering experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of FAA and ISO regulations and standards are preferred.
- Aftermarket Repair or related experience is desired.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in aerospace or engineering is preferred.
- You have the ability to work with all levels of management, personnel and customers, and have demonstrated key skills in analytical aptitude, problem solving skills, and leadership.
- You can demonstrate effective social and communication skills, along with technical competency.
- Exemplary attention to detail and professionalism.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01325402
Community / Marketing Title: 3rd Shift Shop Supervisor, Connecticut Rotating Parts (CTRP)
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US