Specialist, Accounting and Controllership
Location: Lansing, Michigan US
Job Number: 9490
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01326691 Date posted 06/13/2019 City Lansing State Michigan Country United States
United States of America
PW702: P&W Autoair, Inc. 5640 Enterprise Dr., Lansing, MI, 48911 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
For the fourth consecutive year, readers of Diversity/Careers in Engineering & Information Technology named Pratt & Whitney a "Best Diversity Company."
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney? This is a really exciting time at P&W! As we continue to grow, there is a deep focus on our culture. We are committed to being a company that is transparent and mindful. We've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
An opportunity exists to join our accounting group in the role of Sr. Financial Analyst, Accounting & Controllership at our Lansing, MI campus.
This position will provide support and analysis in the following areas: Payroll Transaction Audits & Tracking 25% of this role will require you to monitor and track transactions related to P&W's Collective Bargaining Agreement with the IAM.
You will support the Finance organization in the following areas: Monthly Closing: Execute month-end close processes, prepare journal entries, perform account analysis, and prepare account reconciliations.
You will be responsible for the intercompany activity between P&W AutoAir and the other UTC/P&W entities and will be expected to resolve any out-of-balances timely. Accounts Receivable/Bad Debt: While traditional Account Receivable collections is handled by a P&W Center of Excellence (COE), local resources are responsible for managing certain customers and ensuring the bad debt is properly recorded. Sales and Cost Maintenance: You will be responsible for assisting with certain sales maintenance files, cost center reporting, backlog reports, publishing business segment key financial data (Cost Per Hour, ROS, Productivity, Utilization), and providing procurement compliance support. SOX Compliance: Assist with the annual SOX testing requirements including assessment review, testing and issue resolution. You will work with internal and external audit teams as required. Continuous Improvement: Seek ways to improve processes, help establish best practices and manage standard work. As the business grows, the expectation is that you will be able to provide timely information to operations.
Miscellaneous Reporting: Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis to support operations management, local finance, and East Hartford financial requirements.
- Weekly time and attendance / pay corrections
- Billboard monitoring (hourly) Write-ups OT offerings / postings Doctor's excuses
- Billboard administration (salary) Adding vacation time for new employees / purchased vacation
- SAP - vacation issues
- SAP/Billboard comparison (weekly e-mail)
- Monitoring of certain contractual obligations (e.g. Trigger, FMLA, ESP, pension)
- Vacation checks / PT payouts
- Zcat 6 Time tracking (SAP) - supervisor/employee approvals
- Training - Payroll / OT / Billboard
This position requires you to work on-site during traditional business hours to support finance and operations teams. Occasional overtime may be necessary during month-end, quarter-end and/or year-end closing cycles.
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ yrs accounting experience
- Payroll experience
- 4+ yrs ERP system
- US Citizen or US Person
- Data mining skills (SAP, SAP Business Warehouse)
- Understanding of accounting principles and business controls.
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills to solve complex problems and provide recommendations
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with individuals and/or teams at all levels
- Advanced skills in Excel (Pivot tables, VLookup) and proficient in PowerPoint and Word
- Understanding of general cost concepts and components including manufacturing bill of materials, work order routings and operations, direct labor charging, purchased part costs, and overhead
- Demonstrated professionalism, customer service, job ownership, teamwork and ethical behavior Preferred qualifications:
- Payroll or payroll-related experience and understanding
- Strong communication, business writing and presentation skills
- Self-starter and willingness to support a team
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment
- United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01326691
Community / Marketing Title: Specialist, Accounting and Controllership
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lansing, Michigan US