2nd Shift Shop Supervisor GTF Module Center
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 9443
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01324054 Date posted 06/10/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee has value, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
We have a rare opportunity for a 2nd Shift Shop Manager at our West Palm Beach, FL facility.
In this role, you will drive the organization in our new start up GTF Module MRO Shop cross functionally to meet customer requirements for quality, cost, and delivery; work with functional leaders and internal staff to meet production requirements and assure the cells operate in a productive fashion that are consistent with changing business needs.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Lead all operational aspects of the GTF Module Shop together with the 1st Shift Operations Manager
- Drive overall the 2nd shift production to meet goals, coordinating with Material, Customer Support, Quality, Engineering day to day activities.
- Own the establishment and attainment of cell goals in quality, cost, schedule, compliance and safety and you'll be an independent personality who can make multi-functional decisions on the 2nd shift.
- You will provide effective communication across the cells. Provide leadership development and performance feedback to the shop floor employees of the 2nd shift.
- Obtain the necessary resources (equipment, manpower etc) effectively to meet long range and near term goals.
- You will review staffing and training relative to needs. This includes performance, salary, and career appraisals for assigned personnel, but also hiring, retaining and developing new key technical talents.
- You will maintain a constant understanding of the status of Production work, to ensure resources are correctly allocated. Provide mentorship and direction to close gaps cross functionally.
- Lead productivity projects to reduce cost and cycle time.
- You can manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines with high attention to detail and accuracy, and bring assignments to a successful completion.
- You are a US Citizen due to government contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering or engineering mechanics required.
- A minimum of 5 years of significant repair/ manufacturing experience is required.
- 5 years of leading & motivating teams to achieve business goals required.
- Minimum of 5 years of problem solving and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and drive resolution in the shortest time possible.
- Experience in jet engine maintenance is a huge plus.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01324054
Community / Marketing Title: 2nd Shift Shop Supervisor GTF Module Center
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US