Aftermarket Global Quality Assurance Business Process Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9384
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01321238 Date posted 06/04/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our great company.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for. You will be part of a rare, evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of engines on the market. As part of this dynamic team, you will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney is looking for a high performance forward-thinker with a big picture mindset to lead the standardization and optimization/automation of Aftermarket Global Quality (GQ) processes. You will drive process and standard work initiatives across GQ while aligning and bringing to bear initiatives in our global network of maintenance facilities. As an Aftermarket Global Quality Assurance Business Process Manager, you will work to integrate good practices across our network.
Success will be measured based upon the successful transformation of GQ and improvement in the relevant key performance indicators and customer satisfaction. You will plan, support, and refine processes and tools, as well as coach others and develop standards. This position will report to the Executive Director of Aftermarket Quality. Coordination with internal and external stakeholders will also be necessary as required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Build relationships across Global Quality to determine specific needs and pain points that can be addressed through process improvements and technology
- Provide daily support to business and Global groups
- Support Continuous Improvement and process improvement through Lean and ACE methods as a change management agent, using Value Stream Mapping and other relevant methods
- Establish appropriate improvement strategies based on current opportunities. Use of ACE fundamentals including QCPC and RCCA/DIVEs to refine and improve processes based on data
- Provide functional knowledge and maintain insight to current industry standard methodologies and how they can be applied
- 5+ years of experience in Quality, Continuous Improvement and/or Operations
- Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrated expertise with Supplier Development/Performance methods and tools
- Demonstrated ability to lead high impact teams
- Ability to work with technical teams
- Able to craft clear communication to a broad audience, including Executives
- Experience with MS Office products
- Shown strength in leading a portfolio of projects
- Significant MRO experience
- ACE Associate, ACE Practitioner Preferred
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills, able to identify and structure issues, and create recommendations/solutions
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01321238
Community / Marketing Title: Aftermarket Global Quality Assurance Business Process Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US