Aftermarket Quality Manager
Location: Lansing, Michigan US
Job Number: 9361
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01322455 Date posted 05/31/2019 City Lansing State Michigan Country United States
United States of America
PW702: P&W Autoair, Inc. 5640 Enterprise Dr., Lansing, MI, 48911 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it would be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
A rare opportunity exists to join us in the role of Aftermarket Quality Manager at our Lansing, MI Facility.
This role encompasses a Quality leadership opportunity of a diverse PWAA Team employed in maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO). The success of the PWAA Quality team is integral to Pratt & Whitney's overall business objectives and achievements of engine programs and associated customers.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- As a groundbreaking leader, you will provide support to the overall strategic leadership and tactical management direction to the MRO Quality organization while driving behavior that exhibits the highest business integrity.
- Ensure compliance to company, customer, regulatory, and other procedures and requirements for the site, you will champion a quality culture in a positive and teaming manner.
- Through leadership and effective communication, you will drive both the strategic and tactical execution of the Quality System.
- Integrate and teams with the facility Business Unit Managers and their teams.
- Drive the elimination of escapes and Cost of Poor Quality (CoPQ).
- Establish procedures for maintaining high standards of quality, reliability and safety.
- Organize and promote company-wide quality improvement efforts.
- Implement and maintain the company Quality system in accordance with current quality standards, reporting on the performance of quality system for review and as a foundation for improvement.
- Support the development, implementation and continuous improvement of repair station procedures.
- Partner with external parties including regulatory agencies on matters relating to the quality system.
- Assist and lead teams executing all aspects of a robust Quality Assurance program, including inspection, records, site audits, FAA (and other international airworthiness) compliance, and customer requirements.
- Use robust ACE and other industry recognized tools to drive business efficiencies and improvements.
- Lead investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective action solutions as needed. Utilizes turn-back data to drive the identification of critical systemic issues.
- Drive safety as a number one priority. Participates in at least one major site committee for Environmental, Health & Safety.
- Focus on communication, training, teaming management practices, and employee respect to foster a diverse culture of engaged and committed employees.
- You are a US Citizen due to government contracts.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in Quality required.
- A minimum of 5 years of leadership experience required.
- 5 Years of FAR145 and AS9100 experience and understanding is also a requirement.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01322455
Community / Marketing Title: Aftermarket Quality Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lansing, Michigan US