APU Aftermarket Program Manager
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 9240
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01319316 Date posted 05/22/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Are you looking to be a part of a fun, high performing and professionally engaging team? Are you qualified? We want you to join our family at Pratt & Whitney today, and fully realize your limitless potential. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Pratt and Whitney crafts and develops state of the art turbine engines, like the Geared Turbofan for commercial and military aircraft. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, we have locations around the United States and across the world. We are a worldwide leader in aviation propulsion and behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products. The sky has no limits and flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
The Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) team located in West Palm Beach, FL has an immediate opening for an ambitious and engaging Aftermarket Program Manager.
- Support the Program Manager(s) and respective Program Management Teams for aftermarket support requirements and the financial plan.
- Serve as primary aftermarket customer communication interface
- Understand and ensure customer aftermarket service requirements are met including spare parts, part repairs, APU/component repairs, technical assistance, service bulletins and other requirements in order to keep fielded products operational.
- Coordinate and facilitate aftermarket requirements with functional groups (Finance, Contracts, Business Development, Customer Support Engineering, Support Equipment Operations, Tech pubs etc) to support Customer needs.
- Work with customers to understand fielded product reliability, identify areas for needed improvement, and coordinate with the P&W organization to develop/implement improvements as appropriate
- Ensure required export licenses are in place to support aftermarket import/export requirements
- Ensure that program support issues are raised to management and the IPMT as appropriate for transparency and assistance for resolution
- Understand program contractual requirements and ensure they are flowed to functional groups as required
- Establish going forward support strategies and business opportunities for assigned programs/customers.
- Lead or support proposal activities associated with generating additional aftermarket business or in new APU applications
- Provide customer spare part forecasts and APU overhaul forecast to support planning purposes
- Provide aftermarket updates and metric status to assigned program teams
- Deliver any assigned proposals on time
- Ensure customer repair items (LRUs and APUs) and spare part requirements are delivered to the customer on time
- Secure customer orders that convert MAMed material for assigned programs to firm orders
- Ensure timely response to customer technical inquiries and general status reports
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree required; Advanced and technical degrees preferred.
Required: 7+ years experience supporting customer aftermarket requirements; 3+ years of project management experience
Preferred: Knowledge of maintenance, repair, and overhaul operations. Ability to interface and establish positive relationships with customers at all levels. Ability to work with cross functional teams to achieve desired results Developing high level strategic support plans and implementation of those plans.
EEO/AAP STATEMENT United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01319316
Community / Marketing Title: APU Aftermarket Program Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US