Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8802
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01307101 Date posted 04/10/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it.
As part of the team you will, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Pratt and Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and globally. We are a worldwide leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Do you have the experience to join the team?
The APU Supply Chain team works closely with suppliers to ensure we deliver affordable, high-quality parts that meet our customer's dynamic needs. Our team fosters an internal environment that flourishes with utilization of the United Technologies Corporation operating system, while maintaining supplier relationships to ensure they meet our quality and performance standards. Do you have strong social skills and thrive in a challenging environment? Can you provide a high level of customer focus while meeting business objectives? This role is both exciting & challenging and will support the APU product line. Do you have uncommon analytical skills & ability to build efficient working relationships across the many P&W functional groups; Quality, Materials, Continuous Improvement, Engineering, MCL, ESA, Global Work Share (GWS) and multiple suppliers? Strong communication, specifically conversational, email, telephone, & occasional presentation are desired. Delighting customers is a requirement by providing timely and accurate updates via the most desired communication means. The Account Specialist is responsible for all aspects of supplier relationships, including delivery, quality, and cost, inventory, and customer happiness. You will lead purchase order execution and product delivery, ensuring placement of on-time schedule agreements, billing adjustments, terminations mitigation & cost reduction goals execution. You will align with the P&W Procurement Manual, GSC Standard Work, UTC Code of Ethics, International Trade Compliance, & Transition Standard Work (TSW). The role also offers the opportunity to engage with the relevant Strategic Sourcing team and participate in long-term sourcing decisions. The role of Account Specialist also requires the interaction with Regional Office personnel such as Delivery Assurance Specialists, Supplier Quality Assurance Representatives (SQAR's), MCL, ESA, Continuous Improvement Specialists, & the GWS "Buyers & Planners" providing procurement & materials management for the commodities. Responsibilities include:
- To ensure GWS's quotation, cost analysis/price justification, market share appropriations, & placement of schedule agreements are completed on-time & in compliance with all appropriate regulations & procedures.
- Foster active daily use of the ACE operating system through ACE tool usage to improve EH&S, quality, delivery, financial, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction.
- Actively drive Supplier Gold by participating in supplier improvement activities, & Critical Supplier Reviews (CSR's).
- Travel required 10-20%.
- 7+ years of experience in supply chain, material/logistics, operations management or related field.
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts.
- Bachelor's Degree - Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Project Management or technical degree.
- MBA or Master's Degree
- Experience in Supply Chain and/or Operations Management within an aerospace component manufacturing company or air framer.
- Experience handling suppliers and generating LTAs
- Strong parts buying or procurement experience.
- Experience in operations, supply chain or logistics management
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills with the ability to work in a global supply chain environment
- Comfortable working well with all levels and functions within the organizations
- Strong customer focus experience with a focus on business results
- Strong organizational, communication and social skills
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Intermediate skills or better in Microsoft Office tools
- Strong follow-through and project management skills
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certified or ACE Practitioner
- Aerospace industry experience Travel required 10-20%
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01307101
Community / Marketing Title: Account Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US