Account Manager, Global Supply Chain
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8011
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01282764 Date posted 02/07/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines has an opening for an Account Manager,Global Supply Chain to be based in East Hartford.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for. Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
You will be part of a rare, evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of engines on the market. As part of this dynamic team, you will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Do you have the experience to join our Global Supply Chain Team?
The Global Supply Chain team works closely with suppliers globally to ensure we deliver affordable, high-quality parts that meet our customer's dynamic needs.
In this role, the Account Manager will be responsible for all aspects of supplier relationship management.
- Supplier performance - Oversee and manage supplier performance (cost, quality, and delivery) and GOLD progression, including the identification and execution of long term projects / corrective actions to achieve sustainable performance results.
- Understand new program requirements and supplier capabilities and communicate to Module Centers & UTC Corporate as required.
- Manage P&W operational objectives at Supplier's corporate level (e.g. inventory optimization, lead time reduction, buffer strategy).
- Develop and execute supplier relationship management strategy for all supplier sites -Develop and review supplier risk mitigation plans to influence supplier behavior and performance as-needed
- Oversee and develop strong partnerships with supplier, partnering with the Value Stream teams, Module Center GMs, and other P&W groups (ex: Quality, Engineering, Programs, Commercial & Aftermarket) to manage flow of procured material/reduce the cost of procured material.
- Coordinating with strategic sourcing on supplier -Lead, jointly with the Sourcing team, the development of the supplier strategy and supplier relationship management strategy -Support new business assessments -Participate in long term agreement negotiations serving as the Deal Champion.
- Engage with Sourcing team to provide feedback in the process of the part family strategy development.
- Provide sourcing guidance and recommendations based on an evaluation of supplier performance (i.e., cost, quality, and delivery) and capacity to Sourcing team in P&W.
- Contract management:
-Oversee and manage contract performance and associated contract management activities for all supplier sites, including necessary UTC and program integration, coordination, and reporting.
-Provide information and data to Contracts, as requested -Execute Supplier Accountability Board actions within the scope of the associated contract Cost reduction strategies.
-Identify cost reduction and improvement projects.
- There is 20% travel (domestic and international) associated with this position.
- Bachelors' Degree.
- Bachelors' Degree and minimum 12 years of experience in operations, supply chain or program management OR Advanced Degree/MBA and minimum 10 years of experience in operations, supply chain or program management.
- U.S. Citizenship required due to Government Contract.
- Understanding or experience in global supply chain.
- Advanced Degree/MBA.
- SAP experience.
- Strong interpersonal, decision-making, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Project management experience.
- ACE Certification/Lean or Six Sigma Green/Black Belt Certifications preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01282764
Community / Marketing Title: Account Manager, Global Supply Chain
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US