3rd Shift Cell Leader
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7909
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01291225 Date posted 02/01/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines, industrial gas turbines and space propulsion systems. The company's 36,000 employees support more than 11,000 customers in 195 countries around the world.
Are you highly motivated and enjoy operating in a dynamic environment?
Do you enjoy the challenges of process improvement and "lean" manufacturing initiatives?
We are seeking a highly motivated, technically talented individual, who has a true desire to lead and coach in a dynamic operations environment to support our Hot Section Module Center - North (HSMC-N) as a 3rd Shift Cell Leader. In this role you will be proving direction to skilled HSMC-N bargaining unit employees, leading employee engagement and continuous improvement efforts. Additionally you will lead sustained improvements in safety, quality, production, material procurement, and cost reduction through the system's various elements. In conjunction to daily supervisor responsibilities, project management, effective communication and execution with support group members is critical to the department's success.
- Establish work schedules taking into account customer requirements, resource availability and other priorities
- Provide leadership and direction with emphasis on team building through daily toolbox meetings, effective communications, and in developing an efficient team that is responsive to production requirements and changes
- Delegate effectively to develop personnel and balance workload
- Work dedicatedly to address issues and engage the workforce in achieving cell goals
- Demonstrate a 100% dedication to Quality, Environment Health and Safety (EHS) and Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE)
- Understanding and ability to drive quality and customer satisfaction through ACE operating system
- Bachelor's degree in Operations, Engineering, Business or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of operations experience in a shop environment
- U.S. citizenship required due to government contracts
- Clear, concise and effective communicator
- Experience working with all levels of management and experience in a union environment
- Highly self-directed, quick learner, strong drive and results driven
- Experience with Continuous Improvement principles (lean manufacturing, ACE, QCPC, etc.)
- Consistent track record in team leadership roles
- Active security clearance and/or ability to gain one
- Computer proficiency in Excel a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01291225
Community / Marketing Title: 3rd Shift Cell Leader
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US