3rd Shift Production Furnace Operator
Location: Clayville, New York US
Job Number: 7676
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01289110 Date posted 01/21/2019 City Clayville State New York Country United States
United States of America
PW106: Clayville 2395 Main Street, Clayville, NY, 13322 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
- Perform various cleaning, monitoring and securing operations to assist in the set-up of a rotary atomization furnace.
- Work from verbal and written instructions to perform repetitive tasks before and after a pour and when required during the atomization process.
- Assist in preparing raw material charges, running the furnace control board, making minor repairs on the furnace, atomization chamber, and other auxiliary equipment, cleaning the atomization chamber, carry out housekeeping duties.
- Assist in the removal and replacement of coils and cleaning the interior of the furnace chamber.
- Clean raw material charge and transport to charge area. As directed assist in the attachment and detachment of gas, electric, and water lines to furnace. Clean inside of crucibles, patch cracks and performs other repair tasks of crucible prior to next run.
- May be required to carry out tasks not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this position in support of department objectives and to develop one's skills
- Adhere to ACE guidelines and perform ACE duties as required
- Adhere to all EH & S guidelines, including wearing of required personal protective equipment including a respirator & mask
- Must have a good attendance record
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be able to work overtime when required
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. independently
- Must be able to wear a respirator
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be physically capable of: bending, lifting, squatting, twisting, overhead reaching, standing on feet for long period of time - up to 8 hrs, and climbing stairs
* Education / Certifications
High School Diploma or GED
High School Diploma or GED
Manufacturing experience a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01289110
Community / Marketing Title: 3rd Shift Production Furnace Operator
Location_formattedLocationLong: Clayville, New York US