2nd Shift Welder
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7626
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01287959 Date posted 01/17/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA Job Description
The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you will, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world!
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Do you have the experience to join our Team? We are currently seeking a Welder for role at our headquarters in East Hartford.
As one of our outstanding Welders you will handle routine hand fusion welding, associated metal joining and developmental overhaul.
- Layout work requirements and obtain needed equipment to perform routine repair and alteration operations. You will perform standard hand and machine welding operations to fabricate or restore parts and tools where close tolerances are not normally required and specifically defined criteria are used. Utilize black light process to determine extent of repairs required.
- You get to build up finished machined surfaces' and repair simple cracks and other routine imperfections. Use a variety of fixed and variable measuring instruments to check dimensions and record results. Recognize need and arrange for repair or replacement of equipment used in performing the work as necessary. Perform routine servicing throughout the assigned area following specified procedures and written instructions such as operator is check list for upkeep and to assure equipment operates properly.
- You will assist others with new process tryout, and other specialized assignments. Perform Similar duties, throughout assigned area within the scope and skill level of this job description.
- You will be assisting other trades working on joint projects where common skill crossover provides the opportunity for shared responsibilities and more efficient use of available skills.
- 1+ Years experience with TIG/ GTAW
- Must be United States Citizen due to Government contracts
- High School/ GED
- 3+ Year experience with TIG/ GTAW welding with Aerospace parts
- PWA 16 Qualified/ Equivalent
- Graduation from Welding/ Metal Fabrication program at accredited institution
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01287959
Community / Marketing Title: 2nd Shift Welder
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US