2nd Shift Surface Treat Operator
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7591
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01285622 Date posted 01/15/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world.
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We not only design, but manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, as well as small turbojet propulsion products.
Do you have the experience to join our Team? Are you looking to build upon your skills?
An opportunity exists to join us, we are looking for you to fill the role of Surface Treatment Operator!
You should possess a level of competency on machine usage and have an understanding of the Manufacturing/ Aerospace industry. You will assume a role integral to the production of our exceptional engines!
- You will perform a variety of striping, cleaning and braze fab operations, utilizing surface treatment equipment such as manual and automatic grit blasters, water jet machines and dry baking ovens.
- Set up and operate automatic and manual flame spray, plating, painting and coating equipment for operations on a variety of Overhaul & Repair parts.
- Set up and operate, load and unload, and monitor heat treat furnaces for braze heat treat, stress relief and sizing operations. Perform routine maintenance and servicing of spray units, guns and nozzles, seals, fittings and filters in assigned area; follow specified procedures such as operator's check list for upkeep to assure equipment operates properly.
- High School Diploma/ GED
- 6+ Months experience with metal finishing methods/machine shop/ coating experience
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or graduation from certified
- 2+ Years experience Surface Treatment
- 2+ Years Trades experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01285622
Community / Marketing Title: 2nd Shift Surface Treat Operator
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US