Account Specialist - Raw Materials
Location: North Berwick, Maine US
Job Number: 7252
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01278034 Date posted 01/02/2019 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
United States of America
PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated Account Specialists to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivations to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for. Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? You will be part of a rare, evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of engines on the market. As part of this dynamic team, you will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Do you have the experience to join our Team? The role of Account Specialist is both exciting & challenging and is located in N. Berwick, MA. The Fan Module Center contains a group of five Value Streams that manage approximately 1,500 part numbers for P&W Engine Centers and Spares. This position is within the Raw Materials Value Stream. Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Quoting, cost analysis/price justification, and placement of schedule agreements, in addition to providing updates to various customers. Will work with cross functional team (materials, operations, quality, engineering) to ensure all customer requirements are met.
- Handle all aspects of the supplier relationships, including delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management, and customer happiness.
- Lead purchase order execution and product delivery, including placement of on-time schedule agreements, billing adjustments / terminations mitigation and cost reduction goals execution. Comply with the P&W Procurement Manual and GSC Standard Work.
- Improve and reduce quality-related turnbacks through weekly QCPC / MRP turnback meetings. Attend and support VCAB meetings to resolve quality issues.
- Champion active daily use of the ACE operating system through ACE tool usage to improve EH&S, quality, delivery, financial, employee engagement, and customer happiness.
- Actively drive Supplier Gold by participating in supplier improvement activities, supplier program reviews and assisting Supplier Gold Specialists
- May bring someone in at a higher level dependent upon experience/qualifications
- Education / Certifications
- BS/BA required
- Advanced degree preferred
- 5+years experience in Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering or Business
- Bachelor's Degree-Business, Engineering, Supply Chain or Operations
- US Citizen due to government contracts
- MBA or Master's Degree.
- Craft clear communication and the ability to build positive relationships
- Experienced with MS Office programs like Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word as well as SAP ERP.
- Excellent Project Management Skills
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity
- Experience working with teams to include Sr. Management
- Purchasing or materials experience a plus
- Ability to balance challenging priorities and manage time effectively
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01278034
Community / Marketing Title: Account Specialist - Raw Materials
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Berwick, Maine US