Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7195
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01284694 Date posted 01/08/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you!
We have a rare opportunity for a talented Account Specialist to be based in East Hartford.
You will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Pratt and Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world. We are a worldwide leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Do you have the experience to join our Team?
The Global Supply Chain team works closely with suppliers globally to ensure we deliver affordable, high-quality parts that meet our customer's dynamic needs.
The role of Account Specialist is both exciting and challenging. The Hot Section Module Center (HSMC) Supply Chain team is responsible for working closely with suppliers across the world. Our team champions an internal environment that thrives on utilization of the UTC ACE operating system, while coaching and supporting the supply base to ensure they meet our quality standards and achieve success in their lean journey.
This position is in theCombustors and Diffusers Value Stream and requires excellent problem-solving skills & the ability to build efficient working relationships across the many P&W functional groups; Quality, Materials, Continuous Improvement, Production Readiness, Engineering, Material Control Lab, Engineering Source Approval, Global Work Share and multiple suppliers. In this role, you lead all aspects of supplier relationships, including delivery and quality performance, cost and inventory management, 6-Pack reviews and customer happiness. You handle purchase order execution and product delivery, ensuring placement of on-time schedule agreements, billing adjustments, terminations mitigation & cost reduction goals execution. The Account Specialist would follow the P&W Procurement Manual, GSC Standard Work, UTC Code of Ethics, International Trade Compliance, & Transition Standard Work.
- Close coordination with New Program Integration (NPI) / Development Procurement, Global Transitions, Integrated Commodity Management Team (ICMT) leaders, Production Incorporation Product Team (PIPT) leaders, and Product IPT's to effect a smooth transition of new NGPF hardware from development into full production as well as resolution of producibility and quality issues on key military programs.
- Engaging with the relevant Strategic Sourcing team and participate in long term sourcing decisions and long distance interaction with Regional Office personnel such as Delivery Assurance Specialists, Supplier Quality Assurance Representatives (SQAR's), MCL, ESA, Continuous Improvement Specialists, and GWS "Buyers & Planners" providing procurement and materials management for the commodities.
- Ensuring GWS's quotation, cost analysis/price justification, market share appropriations, and placement of schedule agreements are completed on-time and in compliance with all appropriate regulations & procedures.
- Reducing all forms of quality & delivery turn backs through weekly QCPC / MRP turn back meetings and implementing effective Delivery/Quality Clinics (DQC's) with suppliers, as required.
- Attending and supporting Vendor Corrective Action Board (VCAB) meetings to resolve quality issues, and Business Unit Reviews (BUR's) focused on delivery, and Purchasing Operation Review's (POR's) to communicate efforts that reduce product cost.
- Foster active daily use of Continuous Improvement activities through ACE operating tool usage to improve EH&S, quality, delivery, financial, employee engagement, and customer satisfaction.
- Actively drive Supplier Gold by participating in supplier improvement activities, & Critical Supplier Reviews (CSR's).
- There is some travel associated with this role, 5-15% travel.
- Bachelors' Degree.
- 5+ years experience with a Bachelors' Degree OR 3+ years experience with an MBA/Advanced Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Project Management, Business or Supply Chain.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position due to Government contract.
- MBA is a plus.
- Prior experience working in a Supply Chain or Project Engineering role.
- Project Management (PMP) Certification.
- Project Management experience.
- Aerospace experience.
- Working knowledge in SAP.
- Ability to communicate throughout all executive and non-executive levels of the organization.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01284694
Community / Marketing Title: Account Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US