2nd Shift Cell Leader
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida US
Job Number: 6951
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01281435 Date posted 01/03/2019 City West Palm Beach State Florida Country United States
United States of America
PW109: West Palm Beach 17900 Beeline Highway, West Palm Beach, FL, 33410 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Have you considered what it would be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
This is a really exciting time at P&W! As we continue to grow, there is a deep focus on our culture. We are committed to being a company that is transparent and mindful. We 've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
A rare opportunity exists to join us in the role of a 2nd Shift Cell Leader at our APU MRO Shop in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Driving the organization multi-functionally to meet customer requirements for quality, cost, and delivery; work with functional leaders, and internal staff to meet production requirements and assure the cells operate in a productive fashion consistent with changing business needs.
- You will handle all operational aspects of the APU Repair Shop together with the 1st Shift Operations Manager
- Drive overall the 2nd shift production to meet goals, coordinating with Material, Customer Support, Quality, Engineering day to day activities.
- Lead the establishment and attainment of cell goals in quality, cost, schedule, compliance and safety.
- You will be an independent personality who can make multi-functional decisions on the 2nd shift.
- You will provide effective communication across the cells, and provide leadership development and performance feedback to the shop floor employees of the 2nd shift.
- Obtain the necessary resources (equipment, manpower etc) effectively to meet long range and near term goals.
- You will review staffing and training relative to needs. This includes performance, salary, and career appraisals for assigned personnel, but also hiring, retaining and developing new key technical talents.
- You will maintain a constant understanding of the status of Production work, to ensure resources are correctly allocated.
- You will also provide mentorship and direction to close gaps multi-functionally.
- Identify resource needs to meet production demand.
- You will lead productivity projects to reduce cost and cycle time.
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering - mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering or engineering mechanics areas
- A minimum of 5 years of significant repair/ manufacturing experience.
- You can lead & motivate teams to achieve business goals.
- Demonstrated problem solving and leadership skills.
- You communicate at all levels of the organization including internal and external customers across all hierarchy levels and drive resolution in the shortest time possible.
- Make decisions in the face of limited or conflicting data while processing multiple problems in parallel.
- You will work in a dynamic environment requiring the ability to work multidimensional tasks at a time.
- FAR 65 qualifications preferred
- Significant gas turbine repair and FAR 145/Far 121 experience/knowledge strongly preferred.
- Computer competent, particularly in MS Office applications.
- SAP knowledge is a plus.
- Process and detail oriented, including strong interpersonal and prioritization skills.
- Lean manufacturing/repair experience, ACE or Six Sigma training.
- Related turbine manufacturing or repair experience
- Effective at handling multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to bring assignments to a successful completion.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01281435
Community / Marketing Title: 2nd Shift Cell Leader
Location_formattedLocationLong: West Palm Beach, Florida US