2019 Pratt & Whitney Commercial Spares & Material Solutions Internship
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 6833
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01272602 Date posted 01/04/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
At Pratt & Whitney, we believe flight is an engine for human progress, an instrument to rise above boundaries, connect people, grow economies and help protect the world. Together with our partners, we work with an explorer's heart and grit to advance it. The magnitude of flight requires dependable teams that deliver the highest quality products and services. Every single day, we rise to that challenge with state-of-the-art engines that carry people reliability to their destinations, service guides who provide the care and intelligence to keep aircraft flying, and generations of innovators working together to transform aviation. Learn more about our organization by visiting www.pw.utc.com
Commercial Spares & Material Solutions, a component of Pratt & Whitney's Commercial Engines business, is responsible for new and serviceable spare parts for gas turbine engines, driving material solutions for maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) engine deliveries and providing standardized materials management tools/metrics for global maintenance centers and repair services. Through effective internal and external partnerships, our work enables commercial airline customers to have the lowest overall cost of engine ownership via predictable/stable maintenance costs.
Selected candidates for 2019 internships will be assigned a position of responsibility in one of the following Commercial Spares & Materials Solutions functions based on your interests and business needs:
- Customer Solutions & Planning (spare parts supply management and associated forecasting)
- Commercial Serviceable Assets (used material procurement and sales)
- Commercial Engines Aftermarket Strategy & Pricing (spare parts pricing for commercial airline customers)
- Commercial Engine Shop Visit Forecasting (forecasting of engine maintenance requirements)
- Interest in building a career within aviation/airline commercial operations (including supply chain)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in teams as both a leader and participant
- Prior Pratt & Whitney (or other) internship/co-op experience
Applicants must be currently pursuing a bachelor's or advanced degree in an engineering or business field of study (supply chain focus preferred) with a minimum 3.0 overall grade point average.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01272602
Community / Marketing Title: 2019 Pratt & Whitney Commercial Spares & Material Solutions Internship
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US