2019 Summer Internship - Manufacturing Engineering
Location: North Berwick, Maine US
Job Number: 6827
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01272960 Date posted 01/04/2019 City North Berwick State Maine Country United States
United States of America
PW105: North Berwick Wells Road, Route 9, North Berwick, ME, 03906 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it.
As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced commercial and military turbine engines, is seeking talented engineering students to join our organization in an internship capacity during the summer of 2019.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Identify & implement shop floor process improvements that increase output and reduce overall costs
- Assist in creating and maintaining shop floor work instructions (including specifications, engineering changes, process control, and tooling definition/requirements)
- Participate in lean manufacturing initiatives that support continuous process improvement
- Participate in special projects that could involve cost reduction, special processes, machining processes and supplier support activities
The intern will be given a specific process improvement task to take ownership of, and progress to completion throughout their internship.
- Applicable manufacturing engineering experience and processing knowledge are a strong plus for this position
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Understanding of machining and NC programming preferable
- US Citizenship required
Candidates must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in engineering, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering majors preferred. GPA of 3.0 or higher required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01272960
Community / Marketing Title: 2019 Summer Internship - Manufacturing Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Berwick, Maine US