2019 Summer Industrial Engineer Intern
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 6764
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01261552 Date posted 01/03/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow. The Hot Section Module Center - North (HSMC) delivers highly technical products to the Engine Centers and Spares Organizations. We are looking for a talented and energetic Industrial Engineer to join our organization in an internship capacity during the summer of 2019.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Lead Industrial activities to prepare Pratt & Whitney for the Production Ramp in Engine Volume
- Participate in Production Readiness Assessments in order to determine capacity constraints based on manpower, tooling, and capital equipment
- Create formal assessments based on current standard work
- Create, track, and drive closure to action items as a result of the production readiness assessments and standard work reviews
- Participate on time studies and value steam mapping and other kaizen events
Candidate must have strong customer relationship skills, communication skills, and teamwork skills.
US Citizenship is required for this position.
- Candidates must currently be pursing a bachelor's or master's degree. Engineering, Management or related field preferred.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01261552
Community / Marketing Title: 2019 Summer Industrial Engineer Intern
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US