Blade Finishing Process Engineer
Location: Columbus, Georgia US
Job Number: 9800
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01333467 Date posted 07/12/2019 City Columbus State Georgia Country United States
United States of America
PW103: Columbus GA 8801 Macon Road, PO Box 9903, Columbus, GA, 31908 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company thatâ€s moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team youâ€ll help answer todayâ€s challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrowâ€s solutions.
We unlock our employeesâ€ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybodyâ€s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Have you considered what it may be like to join our team and bring your career to Pratt & Whitney?
Columbus Forge Blades, a recognized leader in producing airfoils for the aerospace propulsion market, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to incorporate new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Develop and implement plans that are in line with the business strategy to further our world-class technology portfolio Provide operational engineering support to develop technologies and processes which support the growth curve and cost reduction targets
- Crafting manufacturing innovations to improve cost, delivery, and quality of aerospace airfoils
- Develop plans and processes to align with our growth strategy to support the next generation of aerospace propulsion systems
- Perform research and development activities to support other functional areas regarding technical and or material/metallurgical issues related to quality, operations, and processes
- Assist with problem solving during manufacturing related investigations Support operational excellence using statistical analysis for process control and certification
- Lead the ACE journey to continuously improve the quality and exceed customerâ€s expectations
- Demonstrate commitment to the EH&S program by complying with all policies and procedures
- Develop airfoil process using statistical methods that meet or exceed the business objective for process control.
- Responsible for all aspects of part maturation from raw material to end use.
- Create capital plans and specify equipment to meet the growing needs of the manufacturing unit
- Periodic travel required (
- Final Grade/Level of position will depend on experience and qualifications.
- Associate Degree
- Associateâ€s degree and 3+ years of experience in Engineering, Supply Chain or manufacturing or Â Bachelors degree and 2+ years experience in Engineering, Supply Chain or manufacturing
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Understanding of and hands on experience with super alloy traditional machining and processing of complex 3-D geometries.
- Knowledge of media finishing processes including tumble polishing, blasting, peening, and chemical processing
- Experience with modern inspection technologies such as laser scanning, structured light or blue light, as well as traditional metrology & CMM.
- Knowledge of broaching, multi axis and milling, and mill-turn techniques to produce airfoils from super alloy forgings
- Knowledge of thermal processing of super alloys, robotics, heat treat, conventional and non-conventional machining techniques
- Self-starter able to prioritize multiple priorities with minimal guidance
- Strong social and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with project management experience
- Statistical Process Control required DMAIC, Process Certification, UPPAP, Six Sigma preferred
- Ability to work with CAD tools, and create engineering blue prints using ASME Y14.5
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with experience in Project
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles, experience with Kaizen events or experience with a continuous improvement program (ACE, 6S, etc.)
Pratt & Whitney is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01333467
Community / Marketing Title: Blade Finishing Process Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbus, Georgia US