Mechanical System Servicer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9584
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01324464 Date posted 06/25/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you will, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world!
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We design, manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, and small turbojet propulsion products.
Do you have the experience to join our team? We are currently seeking Mechanical Systems Servicers for 1st shift positions to work at our headquarters in East Hartford.
You will be an integral part to the continued success of Pratt & Whitney's renowned engines. In this role, you will not only help to build our components but you will be creating them!
You should have the following experience:
- Experience with mechanical repair and maintenance of vacuum furnaces, bonding presses and CNC equipment.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical systems, repairing spindle alignments, setting squareness of a machine and checking for positioning accuracy. Vacuum leak detection, preventive maintenance and repair of hydraulic, pneumatic and vacuum systems.
- Experience with Ipsen/Abar furnaces, bonding equipment, Cincinnati mills and Giddings and Lewis milling machines.
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley, Fanuc, and Siemens controls.
- Utilize hand and pneumatic tools to modify/repair parts, Install new or repair/modify hydraulic and pneumatic equipment. Improve reliability and uptime of equipment and proactively approach equipment issues with a preventive maintenance mentality.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 3 years of related experience.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic diagrams, schematics, drawings, performance specifications, and operating requirements of industrial manufacturing equipment to include CNC multi-purpose electronic and/or electro-mechanical control systems.
- 2 year Technical degree or equivalent in related discipline.
- Prior experience with machine maintenance such as: operating CNC machines through cycles to check mechanical portion of electronic and/or electro-mechanical systems, detecting variations from specifications, analyzing results of tests to locate and determine the cause of the malfunction, modifying and adjusting settings to related equipment in order to properly align mechanical systems, repairing faulty components.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
The ideal incumbent will be detail oriented, team player, and possess good interpersonal skills,. A positive and professional demeanor along with a great work ethic,
Our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
Pratt & Whitney is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01324464
Community / Marketing Title: Mechanical System Servicer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US