Lubrication and Thermal Management System Modeling Analyst
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 9140
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01316333 Date posted 05/10/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The Mechanical Systems, Externals and Nacelle (MSEN) organization is the recognized leader in the design, development and support of reliable, premier architecture, providing the best value, shortest cycle-time and the highest quality to meet customer requirements. We are seeking a systems engineer with strong leadership skills and an innovative history to join us on the continuous journey to advancing our technology.
You will serve as the primary technical focal point for oil and thermal management systems (TMS) across Pratt & Whitney's entire engine range, developing methods and guiding analysis of steady state and transient fluids for heat exchangers, pumps, and other systems hardware.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Execute steady-state, transient fluid, and heat transfer analyses using PW-developed libraries in system-level analysis tools such as MATLAB, Simulink, and Easy5
- Collaborate with engineers in other internal groups such as bearings/seals, bearing compartment, thermals, engine performance, ventilation, secondary flow, controls, and diagnostic systems
- Specify engine validation test plans, reviewing engine and test rig data, and summarizing results in test reports.
- Define performance requirements for system components.
- Summarize system status requirements for presentation at design reviews.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Chemical Engineering is required.
- Advanced degrees are preferred
- BS in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in systems engineering, thermal management, fluid analysis, or a similar field
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- An advanced degree in an engineering field
- Understanding of heat exchangers, pumps, and internal flow modeling, and two phase flows
- Proficiency in one or more of MATLAB, Simulink, Dymola, Easy5, and AMESIM
- Knowledge of 1D state based system modeling, in both development and analysis
- Excellent communication and teaming skills
- Prior leadership experience with small technical teams, with the ability to work with integrate product teams and guide projects from concept through production
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01316333
Community / Marketing Title: Lubrication and Thermal Management System Modeling Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US