Coatings Processor - C
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8981
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01313725 Date posted 04/30/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in aircraft engines and auxiliary power units. Headquartered in East Hartford, Connecticut, the company has locations around the United States and across the world.
We are a global leader in aviation propulsion and we are behind many of the major advances in both military and commercial engines. We not only design, but manufacture and service aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, as well as small turbojet propulsion products.
Do you have the experience to join our Team? Are you looking to build upon your skills?
An opportunity exists to join us, we are looking for you to fill the role of Coatings Processor!
You should possess a level of competency on machine usage and have an understanding of the Manufacturing/ Aerospace industry. You will assume a role integral to the production of our exceptional engines!
- You will work from verbal, written and electronically generated instructions to set up, adjust and operate a wide variety of manually and numerically-controlled auxiliary equipment in support of coating operations, within assigned area.
- Your assignments may include non-atmospheric ovens and furnaces, wet and dry media, cleaning and shot-peen equipment, where methods and processes are developed and closely controlled. Within the scope and skill level of this job description, assist others responsible for new part process try-outs, run test pieces and re-operate rejected parts, following prescribed repair instructions.
- Day to day, you check work both visually and with gages provided. Assist others responsible for the set up, operation, changeovers and maintenance on a variety of complex coating equipment. Perform masking and de-masking operations;crafte and remove parts into holding fixtures. Clean out coating chambers during changeovers; clean and make minor repairs to fixturing, such as removing and replacing broken bolts or details.
- Perform routine servicing throughout the assigned area following specified procedures and written instructions (such as operator's checklist) for upkeep to assure equipment operates properly. Refer difficulties to leader or supervisor.
- You might be assigned to carry out tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department objectives and to develop individuals' skills. May be required to train for, obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits and certifications within assigned area
- High School Diploma/ GED
- 6+ Months experience in Manufacturing/ Industrial/ Aerospace
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or graduation from certified program
- 2+ Years experience Coatings
- 2+ Years Trades experience
- Trades experience with Electronics, Repair , PLC troubleshooting
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01313725
Community / Marketing Title: Coatings Processor - C
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US