Senior Engineer, Design - Compression Systems Engineering
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8814
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01308480 Date posted 04/12/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you are part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while building and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to join our organization. If you seek to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
We have a rare opportunity for a goal-oriented, detail-focused Mechanical Engineer to support our world-class compression systems in Middletown, CT. In this role, you will design compression system hardware that meets or exceeds part and system requirements and will work collaboratively to solve problems with integrated product teams and system design teams. You will be responsible for all design aspects and executing to standard procedures.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will:
- Craft new part designs
- Execute major and minor Engineering Changes (EC's)
- Support hardware and engine deliveries as well as shop, vendor, assembly and test support as needed.
- Optimize designs to balance requirements, perform trade studies, tolerance stacks, failure mode and effects analysis, preliminary structural analyses and be proficient in 3D modelling
- Assist in the developing and executing plans to meet technical project requirements
- Collaborate with all supporting disciplines such as Aerodynamics, Heat Transfer & Secondary Flow, Structures, Engineering Dynamics & Loads, and Manufacturing.
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 4+ years of mechanical design experience
- US Citizenship due to government program requirements
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance
- Turbomachinery design experience
- Automated design optimization skills
- Proficiency in Teamcenter, Unigraphics (UG), UG Motion, Ansys, and classical methods of analysis
- Broad understanding of hardware, blueprints and manufacturing methods
- Ability to build meaningful relationships and craft clear communication
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01308480
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Engineer, Design - Compression Systems Engineering
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US