Staff Tech, Materials Planning & SIOP (Parts Admin)
Location: Wichita, Kansas US
Job Number: 8327
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01295484 Date posted 03/04/2019 City Wichita State Kansas Country United States
United States of America
PW202: Wichita KS 1955 Midfield Road, Wichita, KS, 67209 USA Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Staff Technician Materials Planner to be based in Wichita KS. The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions. Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for. Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued allowing innovation and creativity to thrive. We believe this will ensure all employees are engaged and empowered. Pratt & Whitney - Wichita KS., is a recognized leader in the production of jet engines for the aerospace propulsion market, is looking for high energy, dynamic logistics leader to help fill the Materials Planner, Parts Administrator vacancy. You will be responsible for all tasks involving the requisition, shipment, maintenance and storage of materials, supplies, tooling and equipment into and out of the Wichita Service Center. This will include minding coordination and material flow within the organization as well as all Wichita MRT supported events. If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to incorporate new ideas into practice, this may be your opportunity. Responsibilities This is a challenging and highly visible role in the Material Planning and Administrative division, working with Operations Executive Leadership.
- Buying and Procurement - Appropriate Forecasting to Demand
- Inventory Control and Warehouse Management - Managing Inventory Turns - Accurate physical inventories
- Distribution and Logistics - All relative reporting, with network support
- Shipping and Receiving - Proper Handling and Packaging of Materials, Supplies, Tooling and Equipment. You will keep compliant to Export Control and International shipments as pertaining to ITC (International Trade Compliance)
- You will keep an active focus on FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) and EH&S (Environmental Health and Safety), and remain compliant to FAA Regulations as relating to control, storage and monitoring of all engine aircraft parts and material. Also you will keep compliant to EH&S Regulations as relating to proper handling, record keeping, storage and shipment of engine aircraft parts and non-engine aircraft parts.
- Associates Degree in material management business operations, logistics or Supply Chain, or another 2-yr post high school training.
- 6 + years' experience in Materials Management, Supply Chain, Continuous Improvement or a related field.
- US. Citizenship, due to government contract
- Lean Six Sigma training or certification Preferred
- You're self-motivated
- You work independently or with the cross functional teams
- You demonstrate good analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- You are a proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- SAP experience a plus
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervisory input or direction.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01295484
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Tech, Materials Planning & SIOP (Parts Admin)
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wichita, Kansas US