Learning & Development Co-op
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8267
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01295198 Date posted 02/26/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
The Human Resources: Learning & Development department is a critical area of Pratt & Whitney's business. We partner with our organization's leaders to support employees, shape our culture, and continue to improve the overall employment experience. As the Learning & Development Co-op, you will be a part of the next generation of talent to learn and grow with a company that has over 90 years of history. You will help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. The company's goal is to relate employment opportunities to the student's academic majors to ensure maximum productivity for all parties involved. The goal of the co-op program is to enhance the student's academic training, professional growth, and personal development. Our co-op position will assist Learning & Development with New Hire Orientation and our Boarding Key Moment.
- Supports the Boarding Key Moment, particularly focused on New Hire Orientation and an employee's journey through year one
- Supports the onboarding governance, pre-orientation, post-orientation and division transfers
- Assist with weekly preparation and facilitation of the orientation, in addition to leading first day paperwork processing and I-9 compliance
- Partners with remote sites to create a consistent onboarding experience
- Develops an external benchmark network with other top organizations and associations
- Partners with business and HR leaders to execute strategy and programs
- Analyzes and reporting on data and research trends to best-in-class class and innovative solutions are continuously being applied
- Uses adult learning, instructional and employee design principles to build multiple format (e.g. digital, performance, on the job) learning solutions for leaders
- Maintains and applies solid knowledge of learning technologies and design methodologies
- Works fluidly across teams and regions to go beyond expectations and delight our internal customers
- Assists with other administrative tasks as necessary
Must be pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Resources, Business or Psychology or a related field.
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA or above
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours of college coursework
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Ability to multi-task with good organization and prioritization skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01295198
Community / Marketing Title: Learning & Development Co-op
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US