Project Discipline Manager – Advanced Engines
Location: Middletown, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8112
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01291880 Date posted 02/13/2019 City Middletown State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while creating and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a talented Project Discipline Manager to be based in Middletown, CT.
The Compression Systems Engineering (CSE) organization is responsible for the engineering activities for the Fan/Low Pressure Compressor and High Pressure Compressor modules across all of Pratt & Whitney's military and commercial products. The Advanced Engine Program (AEP) CIPT develops and optimizes the advanced military fan and HPC module concepts for internal and external customer applications.
As Project Discipline Manager-Advanced Engines, you will:
- Ensure technical excellence and task execution for the work performed by the project team.
- Develop and mentor a team of 8-10 Project Engineers
- Drive continuous improvement of project engineering tools and procedures
- Fulfill Pratt and Whitney's engineering process called Engineering Standard Work.
- Oversee substantiation activities including development hardware procurement, assembly and test preparations for component and/or rig tests performed in laboratory or specialized test facilities, and assessments of requirements compliance based on test results
- Drive proposal development, conceptual design, concept optimization, risk mitigation planning, technology development, concept substantiation testing, and associated documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering
- 8 + years of experience in the development of gas turbine components
- US Citizenship due to government program requirements
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level security clearance
- Master's degree in Engineering or MBA
- Active Security Clearance helpful
- Experience with fans or compressors development
- Project management skills, including budgeting, scheduling, resource planning, EVMS, critical path schedule development and risk management
- Proven experience leading teams in the successful execution of tasks to meet technical, schedule and budget requirements.
- Previous experience executing hardware deliveries for rigs or modules
- Capability to work and lead in collaboration with other non-collocated teams.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop staff and work across functions, organizations, and all levels of management
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement principles
- The ability to craft clear communication
- Experience using SAP
- Previous supervisor and team leadership experience
This is a challenging and visible leadership position and an excellent opportunity to directly contribute to the successes and ensure our future competitive edge.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01291880
Community / Marketing Title: Project Discipline Manager – Advanced Engines
Location_formattedLocationLong: Middletown, Connecticut US