Compression Systems Engineer Alternate Work Week (AWW) Manager
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 8081
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01292156 Date posted 02/11/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered
Compression Systems Engineering is responsible for all of the engineering activities for the Fan, Low Pressure, and High Pressure Compressor Modules across all of PW's military and commercial products including the highly successful Geared Turbofan (GTF) family of engines, and military applications like the F-15, F-16, F-22 Raptor, and the F-35 Lightning II Fighter aircraft. We specifically are looking for experienced, dedicated, and diverse candidates for a managerial / supervisory role to lead a multi-discipline team that will support our in-production product lines.
The Alternate Work Week (AWW) Manager will have ownership and accountability for all production-related multi-functional Integrated Product Team (IPT) activity of the Compression Systems Engineering (CSE) organization during the AWW period of Friday, Saturday and Sunday 6AM-6PM. Hardware responsibility includes fan and compressor blades, rotors, integrally bladed rotors, cases, vanes, and actuation systems. This is a highly-visible and excellent career opportunity that will provide exposure across the Engineering, Quality and Operations organizations.
The AWW Manager will manage and execute tasks including, but not limited to:
- Resolving Quality Notifications, Laboratory Quality Notifications, Stop Delivery Orders, initiating Minor Deviations;
- Completing FAI Reviews and ESA approvals; and writing/updating Product Production Specifications, while ensuring that P&W's Engineering Standard Work processes are adhered to.
- Providing close support for CSE standard work week engineering staff, suppliers, and engine production delivery centers.
- Coordinating with Operations and Quality and providing Engineering updates to issues by actively participating in production and quality calls and shop walks (where applicable) over the AWW shift.
- Multi-functional organization of different engineering disciplines.
- Ensuring employee satisfaction, creating annual objectives, conducting performance discussions and salary merit discussions, and ensuring employee personal development plans are created and executed.
- Providing innovative and focused solutions that meet production goals and requirements
- Communicating effectively, especially during standard shift to AWW shift hand-offs, and AWW shift back to standard shift handoffs
- In addition to direct reports, the AWW Manager will have dotted-line support from other disciplines as required.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 8 Years of engineering experience with a Bachelor's degree or 5 years of engineering experience with a Mater's degree.
- US Citizenship due to government contracts.
- Aerospace engineering industry experience.
- Master's degree in Engineering or MBA
- Material Review Board Engineer (MRE) certification or interest in obtaining the certification.
- Demonstrated excellent customer facing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead / manage multiple cross-functional teams to achieve results.
Grade level will be commensurate with experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Job Number: 01292156
Community / Marketing Title: Compression Systems Engineer Alternate Work Week (AWW) Manager
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US