Repair Process Engineer
Location: East Hartford, Connecticut US
Job Number: 7948
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01291242 Date posted 02/04/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Have you considered what it would be like to work at Pratt & Whitney?
This is a really exciting time at P&W as we've positioned ourselves for future success by hiring 5,000 employees in 5 years. As we continue to grow, there is a deep focus on our culture and a dedication to being a company that is transparent and mindful. We've built an environment where each and every employee has value.
A rare opportunity exists to join us in the role of Repair Process Engineer, here at Connecticut Stators and Components (CTSC) at our East Hartford, CT campus.
The cell currently works three product lines supporting sustainment operations for the PW4000-112" fleet. CTSC has, however, secured new and exciting products from the PW1000G family of engines with plans to introduce a number of these new products to this cell.
Over time, you will work with the leadership team to expand and evolve CTSC's capabilities to support a growing MRO marketplace, providing exposure to both strategic business-decision making as well as in-depth technical evaluations.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- In this role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining repair process plans and work instructions in support of production in a highly successful segment of our business.
- You will partner with the operations/production supervisor to maintain delivery and financial goals, co-leading a critical portion of our overall portfolio.
- Additionally, you will assess the need for new capital equipment, machine tools, and production tooling, as well as developing the business case justifications for and executing on capital procurement projects.
- Guiding production and maintenance employees on tech data interpretation and helping to troubleshoot part issues
- Develop tools and fixtures for part processing.
- Constantly strive to decrease process cycle times, reduce setup times, and, above all else, ensure our employees are performing their work safely.
- Develop process plans and operation work instructions for the shop floor.
- Execute repair process standard work associated with new product development (R reviews, UPPAP, Process Certification, etc.) with repair development team.
- Analyze key business unit metrics (scrap rates, COPQ) and develop proposals for future cost savings or process improvement repair initiatives
- CTSC is an FAA regulated facility and compliance with such rules is a condition of employment.
- You are a US Citizen due to government contracts.
- A Bachelor's of Science in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering and/or Materials Science is required. Other degrees may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- 3 years minimum prior experience in repair process engineering and/or aerospace.
- Proven experience in managing complex projects/programs.
- A strong desire to learn and have the technical skill to drive operations, rapid problem solving and continuous improvement, and automation of equipment and process concepts for external candidates is helpful.
- Work with all levels of management, shop personnel and partners. Speak expertly and tailor explanations and presentations to the audience as appropriate.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, analytical thinking and strong customer focus.
- Familiar with P&W Engine Manuals, Standard Practice Manuals and Technical Orders or equivalent is helpful.
- Knowledge of military and commercial products / parts is a big plus.
- Knowledge of source demonstration/repair source approval is desired.
EEO/AAP Statement United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Job Number: 01291242
Community / Marketing Title: Repair Process Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: East Hartford, Connecticut US